RunningCommentary.net Forums
Almería half marathon. 30th January 2006 - Printable Version

+- RunningCommentary.net Forums (http://www.runningcommentary.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Training Diaries (Individuals) (http://www.runningcommentary.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Antonio (http://www.runningcommentary.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Almería half marathon. 30th January 2006 (/showthread.php?tid=1466)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Almería half marathon. 30th January 2006 - Seafront Plodder - 27-01-2005

Looks like I'm in twice!!

Almería half marathon. 30th January 2006 - Sweder - 27-01-2005

I checked via Antonio's suggestion (through the homepage by surname) and there I am. Cool . . .

Almería half marathon. 30th January 2006 - El Gordo - 27-01-2005

Bad luck SP - looks like you'll be doing the race twice then.

Almería half marathon. 30th January 2006 - Seafront Plodder - 27-01-2005

Along with Suzie as she's in twice too.Eek

Almería half marathon. 30th January 2006 - Antonio247 - 27-01-2005

I´m sorry about all this fuss. By the way, what family name did you give for Suzie?

I´ve already booked a table for Sunday at 2.30 pm at Restaurante Club de Mar to celebrate our gathering and race. It´s a nice place near the sea. If you prefer another option, it can be cancelled.

Best of luck, everybody.

Antonio

Almería half marathon. 30th January 2006 - Nigel - 27-01-2005

Hi again
You would have seen the payment screen. Maybe it only appears for fully authenticated Europhiles.... And even then only on a strictly ephemeral basis outside the EuroZone.

Almería half marathon. 30th January 2006 - Nigel - 27-01-2005

Suzie is on the list as Ms Suzie Suzie. Two names, just one registration. Tranquilo, hombres. No hay problema.

Gracias, Nigel. No hay problema. No problem. Suzie´s entry is confirmed and to be confirmed like Andy SP´s. That´s good. I thought you had entered her twice by credit card. This way it isn´t paid twice.

Hasta pronto. See you soon.

Antonio

Almería half marathon. 30th January 2006 - El Gordo - 27-01-2005

Good idea about the restaurant, Antonio. Sounds like they should sell decent fish and chips.

Yes, I think you won´t miss your fish and chips there, Andy. But fried with olive oil.

Sorry again for all this fuss with the entries. It´s sad all this to be under 800 runners on Sunday.

Buenas noches a todos. Hasta mañana.
Good night, everybody. See you tomorrow.

Antonio

Almería half marathon. 30th January 2006 - Antonio247 - 28-01-2005

Well, the blue and red lines to show the course were painted last night. It smells of half marathon. A temperature indicator showed 6º C at 9 am but it marked 12º at 3 pm. The weather forecast is a slight rising in the temperatures.

I´m looking forward to meeting you at the airport tomorrow afternoon. You´re coming with Easyjet, aren´t you?

Have a safe journey tomorrow! Best of luck!

Antonio

Almería half marathon. 30th January 2006 - Griff - 28-01-2005

Although (as a poster) I've been absent from the forum recently, I have been reading your posts on this thread. Must say that I'm feeling a bit jealous of you all now.

Hopefully I'll be able to join up with the RC team at a race in the UK later this year. How about Bristol in Sep/Oct?

Anyway, all the best for Almeria! I'm looking forward to the report and the photos.

Griff

Almería half marathon. 30th January 2006 - El Gordo - 28-01-2005

Hi Griff, good to hear from you.

I'm sure we'll be repeating the exercise again. i can't speak for anyone else but I'll pencil in the Bristol Half as a possibility.

Cheers

Andy

Pretty cool but sunny seems to be the forecast for Sunday in Almeria. Good running weather.

Almería half marathon. 30th January 2006 - Sweder - 28-01-2005

Must cut down on my sugar/ caffine loading.

Griff - Bristol is October 2nd. I'll see how I go. Week prior is Windsor Half and the weekend before that is New Forest Half. I'd like to do all 3 (but won't). Will make a decision nearer the time. In the meantime, I still hope to get over to the Hogweed Half - work permitting.

OK - time to start packing....

Don´t forget your running shoes, RC team! Smile

Rest well and have a safe journey!

Hasta mañana See you tomorrow

Antonio

Almería half marathon. 30th January 2006 - Sweder - 28-01-2005

Cheers Antonio.
Passport packed, shoes packed (complete with plenty of dried English mud)
Crank up the sunshine coz here we come!

Almería half marathon. 30th January 2006 - Riazor Blue - 28-01-2005

I'm jealous too Griff.

Seriously, I hope everyone has a great time. Antonio, i think you are a star for organizing it all - perhaps you could organize tours for the Shop...

I read that we are expecting more cold weather on Sunday, but of course, cold in Spain does not equal cold in the UK.

I 'm expecting to see some great reports next week.

Tened suerte y disfutad el fin de semana.

Let´s hope it is sunny at the weekend, Sweder. Anyway,even if it is a bit colder than usual, I´m sure we´ll have a good time here all together.

Well, Brian, we can organise another trip to La Coruña, take part at another race and see your running shop. I could go to London and from there to La Coruña. It´d be cheaper than using Iberia from Almería to Madrid and then to Santiago de Compostela or La Coruña.

We´ll miss you here at the half marathon, Brian. It´s a pity you couldn´t come. Besides, crossing the whole country with the snow that has fallen in northen Spain especially would have been really tough.

Regards

Antonio