Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
June- life's a bitch and then there is no more running
14-07-2008, 01:12 PM,
June- life's a bitch and then there is no more running
anlu247 Wrote:Best of luck with the recovery from your injury, St. Anyway, take advantage of cycling which is also great.

can't ride my bike either as can't grip the handlebar let alone apply the back brake, so can only use recumbent exercise bike which is no fun at all:-(

More physio scheduled for tomorrow .

Have just got back from a week of slightly soggy pod camping in the Lakes. Couldn't attack our usual high places like Scawfell, but had a good time ambling about the foothills of Great Gable and over Muncaster Fell etc. It gave me a little more self confidence too. If next weeks xrays show some evidence of healing taking place I might be able to have a little trot out on the treddy at the gym.

Some good beers were enjoyed last week, (lots of micro breweries in the Lakes now) the most interestingly named beer I had was a pint of "Urrrmm..."!!

Also had an interesting chat to a fell runner who was just about to embark on the Wasdale Horseshoe race, I still can't understand how anyone can run down mountains with such vicious pathways.
Phew this is hard work !

Messages In This Thread
June- life's a bitch and then there is no more running - by stillwaddler - 14-07-2008, 01:12 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you have to be a member of a running club to be a “real” runner? stillwaddler 2 3,227 03-03-2009, 08:50 AM
Last Post: stillwaddler
  June, but far from flaming... stillwaddler 8 3,547 10-07-2006, 10:19 AM
Last Post: stillwaddler
  Life after snowski stillwaddler 3 2,121 10-03-2006, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Seafront Plodder