Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gonna fly now...
30-07-2004, 01:04 PM,
Gonna fly now...
Today was a stunningly beautiful winter's day - vivid blue sky, no wind and that sunlit crisp air that really awakens the senses. Absolutely 100% perfect for running...

Sadly, it was a rest day. So I had to force myself to have a couple of beers instead.

The day wasn't totally bereft of runningness however, with the arrival of a heart rate monitor in the MLC Man household. I had mentioned to one of the office sporty types that I was on the lookout for a sports watch with multiple lap times, and was overheard by a bloke with a seldom used HRM. Today he lent it to me to try out for a bit. So now I'm geeky too. I guess it's potentially useful to have digital confirmation of an impending cardiac arrest. And if the ambulance crew happen to have a laptop with them they could download your data for on the spot analysis... I can hear them now: "There you go Bert, that's where he went wrong, pulling out the big ones at the 15 kilometre mark." "Yeah, silly sod should've pulled back below 80% of MHR, instead he's upped it over 90 and carked it good and proper... bloody runners."

At least the split times will be useful.

Where do you wind it up though?
Run. Just run.

Messages In This Thread
Gonna fly now... - by El Gordo - 28-07-2004, 11:45 AM
Gonna fly now... - by Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man - 30-07-2004, 01:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Time to Fly July. Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 8 3,156 20-07-2015, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man
  Fly Me To The June Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 2 1,769 13-06-2012, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sweder