Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Genuine Mid Life Crisis
18-10-2004, 10:57 AM,
Genuine Mid Life Crisis
Thanks for all your thoughts and wishes everyone - much appreciated Smile

Had a chat with my doctor this afternoon, and got the awful truth... His thinking is that I need to build up my running "gradually" over the summer period and monitor my progress "carefully". This is not what I really wanted to hear, and I think he's being somewhat over cautious, but as my wife wholeheartedly agreed with him (she was there) I was left with not a lot of option but to go against the grain and be conservative for once in my life. I mean jeepers, it was bad enough getting lumbered again with a conservative government, now I have conservative medicos coming out of my ears too.

So anyway, what I have agreed to do is to take it "very" Rolleyes carefully for the next 4 weeks, have another blood test and re-assess things with the doc then.

This puts a majorly massive dent in my training, so it makes Hobart look decidely unlikely, but I guess it'll still be there in another 12 months, and there are other races in between.

One good thing about the recent drama was to come across a heap of good medico jokes. My favourite...

Q) What's the difference between God and a cardiologist?
A) God doesn't think he's a cardiologist... Big Grin

Where'd I put my walking frame?
Run. Just run.

Messages In This Thread
Genuine Mid Life Crisis - by El Gordo - 15-10-2004, 03:07 PM
Genuine Mid Life Crisis - by Seafront Plodder - 15-10-2004, 03:58 PM
Genuine Mid Life Crisis - by Antonio247 - 16-10-2004, 04:57 PM
Genuine Mid Life Crisis - by Yorkshire Plodder - 17-10-2004, 05:56 PM
Genuine Mid Life Crisis - by Nigel - 17-10-2004, 09:37 PM
Genuine Mid Life Crisis - by Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man - 18-10-2004, 10:57 AM
Genuine Mid Life Crisis - by El Gordo - 18-10-2004, 01:50 PM