Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
January 2019 ... here we go again!
27-01-2019, 03:27 PM,
RE: January 2019 ... here we go again!
27 January 2019                           19,045 steps                   no running                       weight 78.0kg

I give up. It’s just as well I’m no gambler, because all my predictions in recent times prove oh so terribly wrong. My latest: in the Australian Open tennis championship final between Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic, I stated Nadal would win simply because he seemed to me to be in the best form of his life, and his wins in the preceding six rounds had been supreme examples of a champion player at his very best. Djokovic, whilst similarly imperious, seemed to me to be at his usual level of imperiousness, whereas Nadal had stepped things up somewhat.
   That Djokovic essentially annihilated Nadal 6-3 6-2 6-3 speaks volumes for the Serb’s brilliance, and for my complete inability to forecast outcomes. If I was to take up gambling, I’d be well-advised to place my bets on whatever it was I didn’t think would win.
   For similar reasons I’m reluctant to think too much about where my current training is taking me. It’s going very well, of course, even on a rest day from running such as today in which I tallied more than 19,000 steps (all of it walked). When it’s all going so well it’s very tempting to make race plans and to create elaborate training schedules to take advantage of my new-found enthusiasm and a semblance of running fitness, but of course only fools rush in to these things.
   I do have a week off work from tomorrow, and so the opportunity to do some quality training at civilised times of the day presents itself as an opportunity that ought to be taken advantage of. And so, I shall, but to what end? Well, to a large extent that’s out of my hands as wholesale changes at work soon to be announced will mean there’s little point planning or scheduling anything until more is known. So, I’ll simply try to log a decent week of base mileage once again and see how things look after that. 
Run. Just run.

Messages In This Thread
RE: January 2019 ... here we go again! - by Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man - 27-01-2019, 03:27 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fat and flabby January Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 8 3,459 28-01-2016, 12:39 PM
Last Post: Bierzo Baggie
  2015 January is Go Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 8 2,996 02-02-2015, 11:30 AM
Last Post: stillwaddler
  January 2012 - Here We Go Again Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 40 25,828 31-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Last Post: glaconman
  January Jollies Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 68 34,579 30-01-2006, 07:53 AM
Last Post: Sweder