Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 - will one thread be enough for the whole year?
01-09-2019, 09:12 PM,
RE: 2019 - will one thread be enough for the whole year?
And so we make it to race week. I did an hour or so's easy pace this morning, a little short of what the plan asked for but the left Achilles is taking a couple of days to recover now so I don't want to push it. I can now feel a bit of fluid buildup around it, so that might be it now until race day, or maybe just a couple of miles loosener towards the end of the week. Not looking forward to going back into work shoes on Tuesday.

All in all I'm glad to have got through the long miles; it seems a little shameful to say it but the long runs have got a bit boring. I guess that's my fault for not venturing further afield than my local woods, but when the long ones get up to three hours, and even the short ones 90 mins, it does start to take up a lot of time. No plans to give up though; it's a great way to keep active, and there are still plenty of magical moments.

Race info has been sent out; the organisers have advised us to arrive THREE hours before the start, which is at 9am... on top of a 90 min drive for me. Methinks not, I can get there for 7 and take my chances.

Year to date: 343 miles. Jan: 21, Feb 20, Mar 33, Apr 47, May 50, Jun 77, Jul 96, Aug 78 - only 8 outings in Aug due to resting the Achilles - truly it's all about injury avoidance these days...

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2019 - will one thread be enough for the whole year? - by marathondan - 01-09-2019, 09:12 PM
New Forest Marathon 2019 - by marathondan - 13-09-2019, 10:09 PM