Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patience of a saint...
19-05-2006, 07:22 AM,
Patience of a saint...
Yes, a bit of a shock, that. Not one but two English players - Campbell and Cole. Despite much debate over the decision it appeared that Wengers' gamble on his 'big match players' paid off fairly well - they both performed admirably - Campbell's goal must surely have warmed the cockles of all England supporters. As did the act of Bartez/ James-style madness enacted by the German national 'keeper. And no emotional appearance for Bergkamp - understandable under the circumstances.

For the record I yelled myself hoarse cheering on the Gooners amidst a hostile crowd of Celts (who gained a marginal advantage via Barcelona's victory and who bellowed raucous approval for the introduction of the match-winner, former Celtic idol Henrik Larsson). I commiserated sincerely with my North London friends (including my client here in Glasgow. Her credentials were questioned by a local after she po-go'd around the Buddha bar in celebration of Sol's goal; she revealed a large tattoo of the Highbury Gun on her upper arm, sending the man scurrying for cover).

Happily normal service is resumed; I shall return to Gooner-baiting forthwith.
Beep . . . beep . . . beep . . . beep . . .

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

Messages In This Thread
Patience of a saint... - by Seafront Plodder - 17-05-2006, 05:39 PM
Patience of a saint... - by Sweder - 18-05-2006, 09:22 AM
Patience of a saint... - by Seafront Plodder - 18-05-2006, 05:34 PM
Patience of a saint... - by El Gordo - 18-05-2006, 08:42 PM
Patience of a saint... - by Sweder - 19-05-2006, 07:22 AM