Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
August has been and gone
12-09-2006, 01:56 PM,
August has been and gone
Due to some stomach cramps and general malaise. Back to it at lunchtime today with a not quite 4 miler from work, was OK, not quite as hard as I expected - but I did chicken out and walked up the last hill past the fire station.

Was musing on the way round why I still don't feel like a "real" runner? Maybe because I started late ( I've ony been at it about 5 years)? Maybe because I haven't entered hundreds of races - although I've done my fair share of halfs and the FLM? Maybe it's because I don't belong to a club? Other people I see out running look like real runners, they all seem to have lean thighs and an air of purpose about them. Maybe they don't feel "real" either?

On a different subject, I recently looked after two cats belonging to my stand partner from the orchestra I play in whilst she was in Canada, and bless her, she bought me a gorgeous running jacket back, it's made by Running Room, I checked them out on the web, they have a great website but don't deliver to the Uk :-( Shame because they have some rather natty looking overshoes for running in icy conditions. Maybe I'll put in an order for the next time she goes...

Messages In This Thread
August has been and gone - by stillwaddler - 04-09-2006, 10:42 AM
August has been and gone - by Sweder - 04-09-2006, 11:29 AM
August has been and gone - by El Gordo - 04-09-2006, 10:01 PM
August has been and gone - by stillwaddler - 12-09-2006, 01:56 PM
August has been and gone - by Sweder - 12-09-2006, 02:14 PM
August has been and gone - by Sweder - 13-09-2006, 08:03 AM
August has been and gone - by stillwaddler - 14-09-2006, 08:50 AM