Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gonna fly now...
28-07-2004, 11:21 AM,
Gonna fly now...
Hmm, I really must be in mid-life crisis mode. I've just bought Stallone's "Rocky" DVD on ebay. Actually, I do have an excuse... a mate of mine is a professional triathlete (he did the last Hawaii Ironman in 10:14 with stress fractures to both shins!), and he swears by the Rocky movies - he has the complete collection and keeps telling me to watch them. Other than that, he's quite a normal person. Anyway, I caved in and bought the original Rocky. I can honestly say I've never seen any of the Rocky movies, so it's a leap of faith for me.

Another leap of faith has been my mid-week runs, which I have forced into my schedule, and so far so good. My times are rapidly coming back to somewhere near respectable (by my humble standards anyway), and I'm getting fantastic endorphin hits which are fabbo for me but annoy the heck out of the family. Despite my best efforts, none of them seem the least bit inclined to join me on my runs. One quick look out the window seems to be as far as they get before giving me a resounding "NO". Can't understand their reluctance myself ... maybe I need to have a family viewing of Rocky.

Dada dah dada dah dada Daah dada daah...

Who are those big men in white coats?
Run. Just run.

Messages In This Thread
Gonna fly now... - by Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man - 28-07-2004, 11:21 AM
Gonna fly now... - by El Gordo - 28-07-2004, 11:45 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Time to Fly July. Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 8 3,141 20-07-2015, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man
  Fly Me To The June Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 2 1,756 13-06-2012, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sweder