Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
March - Maddening Hares and all
12-03-2010, 03:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-03-2010, 03:19 PM by stillwaddler.)
March - Maddening Hares and all
March has been one strange month so far. Firstly, I’m really grateful for all the support and encouragement you have been sending my way in tha last month, it has been galvanising stuff.

A week ago, my breathing was so bad again that I had to make another trip to the GP. Unfortunately, for me, it was the young locum…she diagnosed a virus (don’t they always) which was probably causing the asthma and sent me away with the advice of resting completely, not running for a week and increased use of the blue inhaler.

I rested for the next 4 days, coughing getting much worse and by Tuesday night I was literally awake all night coughing, it was making me choke and throw up interspersed wirh stretches of coughing when I couldn’t actually catch my breath which was more than a little frightening. Mr SW ordered me back to the GP.

Must have made an impression on our usually officious GP’s receptionist, she told me to get there immediately. Saw the original “Running” doc who put me straight on to a nebuliser, prescribed steroids, brown inhaler as well as blue and sent me home with the nebuliser so that I could use it three times a day. No work, no running and to go back on Friday – today - for a review.

Saw another doc this morning (!) but the good news is that the lung inflammation has subsided to manageable levels. I can give up the nebuliser, finish the course of steroids and continue with the inhalers…and wait for it…I CAN GO FOR A RUN this weekend and just see how I feel. Doc suggested the tready at the gym would be a good place to start as the air is still cold up here although much better than a week or so ago. She said that provided we keep things under control I should be able to go ahead and attempt Brighton…Whoo Hoo. I am now looking to adapt the Hal H schedule to get me back on track, that’s providing everything feels OK tomorrow.

Wish me luck, and thanks again for all the support. I might have a go at the run walk method, certainly seems a sensible way to resume the campaign. Incidentally, my runners pack for the Wilmslow half arrived yesterday, ready for the end of the month, hopefully it will make a nice little training run out in the Cheshire countryside;-)
Phew this is hard work !

Messages In This Thread
March - Maddening Hares and all - by stillwaddler - 12-03-2010, 03:17 PM
RE: March - Maddening Hares and all - by suzieq - 12-03-2010, 05:33 PM
RE: March - Maddening Hares and all - by El Gordo - 13-03-2010, 11:45 AM
RE: March - Maddening Hares and all - by El Gordo - 15-03-2010, 11:05 PM
RE: March - Maddening Hares and all - by suzieq - 22-03-2010, 07:30 PM
March Madness, April Fools - by Sweder - 26-03-2010, 10:55 AM
RE: March - Maddening Hares and all - by Sweder - 26-03-2010, 10:53 PM
RE: March - Maddening Hares and all - by Sweder - 31-03-2010, 04:13 PM
RE: March - Maddening Hares and all - by suzieq - 31-03-2010, 09:30 PM
RE: March - Maddening Hares and all - by suzieq - 01-04-2010, 01:56 PM