Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Almost but not quite there
17-03-2011, 01:37 PM,
Almost but not quite there
“Forgive me Father it has been weeks since my last confession…”
So, Brighton training to date has been going OK, nothing fast, nothing too strenuous, adopted the less is more philosophy, so although I have been doing the Venerable Hal’s weekend long run schedule, mid week has been restricted to three runs, each no more than 5 miles (usually less!). Everything was fine, the weather has been kind in the most part for the long runs and it has been great to have company in the form of Mr SW for the long ones. BUT – that’s the Big Butt – this weekend, my brother and his girlfriend descended for the weekend, it was my daughter’s birthday on Friday – duly celebrated at a local Indian restaurant followed by late night Birthday cake and ale. Saturday saw me cooking for the masses and another late night plus lots of booze, well, I don’t get to see the Big Brother very often. Sunday morning, my legs were aching even before I got out of bed, a mile into the scheduled 14 miler that I thought would be a stroll in the park after the previous weekend’s 18 miles, the wheels finally came off. I was, not to put too fine a point on it, knackered.
I have been suffering from a slight stiffness on the outside of my lower leg which has been making my calves a little tight and sore for a while but have ignored it. On this occasion they became extremely stiff and cramped, 14 miles was reduced to a very sedate 11 point something. Typically Mr SW had been feeling really chipper, but gracefully kept me company as I staggered back home.

So no running since Sunday and a visit to the physio after work yesterday, she proceeded to inflict a vast amount of pain while digging what felt like a chisel in the tendons joining my leg to my ankle. OK, she did warn me that it would feel worse before it felt better. Today they feel bruised if I touch them but strangely also looser. I’ll try a little five mile toddle this evening and see how it goes.

On Sunday it wil be the Big One the 20 miler, then it’s all down-hill after that. I do love to taper :-)

If all goes according to plan I will be lining up at Brighton, I have got the train tickets and the hotel is booked. Watch this space as they say and many apologies for not contributing on RC recently – things have been “interesting” at work:-([/i]
Phew this is hard work !

Messages In This Thread
Almost but not quite there - by stillwaddler - 17-03-2011, 01:37 PM
RE: Almost but not quite there - by marathondan - 17-03-2011, 11:53 PM
RE: Almost but not quite there - by stillwaddler - 21-03-2011, 02:07 PM
RE: Almost but not quite there - by marathondan - 21-03-2011, 10:02 PM
RE: Almost but not quite there - by Sweder - 31-03-2011, 08:03 AM
RE: Almost but not quite there - by ladyrunner - 31-03-2011, 07:04 PM
RE: Almost but not quite there - by stillwaddler - 01-04-2011, 12:17 PM
RE: Almost but not quite there - by Sweder - 01-04-2011, 02:11 PM
RE: Almost but not quite there - by ladyrunner - 01-04-2011, 04:20 PM
RE: Almost but not quite there - by stillwaddler - 04-04-2011, 02:03 PM