Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
P2P preperation begins in Ernest
08-09-2011, 09:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-09-2011, 09:16 AM by Seafront Plodder.)
P2P preperation begins in Ernest
Trouble is, Ernest isn’t here, and I have no idea where he is either.

Any time now, MLC is going to ask me whether I’ll be entering the run or the (with apologies to Julie) girly walk; truth is, I’m nowhere near the fitness necessary to even attempt the run.

I do actually blame The Antipodean one for my current state of mind, for wasn’t it he who relayed the story of a NY marathon runner who wouldn’t even consider P2P? So walk it is for me then, and I now need to formulate a training err….schedule.

But again you see obstacles have been thrown in my path. I am being whisked away to Florence for a romantic long weekend in a couple of weeks time. A few short weeks later I shall be forced to attend what is ostensibly called a ‘golf tour’, but which we all know will be 4 days of beer-soaked late nights. And yes Sweder will be there to lead me astray.

I reckon El C (or is it G) is the man to help me here, walk as he did the hills of Connemara last year. Did you train for this old chap, or did you just turn up and wing it?

My runners have not seen the light of day since June, and here we are just 10 weeks from the event and I’m starting to question my sanity. I have found a (sort of) hilly circuit through the beautiful Ashdown Forest which I can route march around with a backpack a few times with the dog. That’s a start, and that’s Saturday morning taken care of.

Oh and I’m off the beer too. Frown

Messages In This Thread
P2P preperation begins in Ernest - by Seafront Plodder - 08-09-2011, 09:15 AM
RE: P2P preperation begins in Ernest - by Sweder - 14-09-2011, 04:16 AM