Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brrrr-ief update
12-02-2012, 08:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-02-2012, 08:04 PM by El Gordo.)
RE: Brrrr-ief update
Glowing. How good is this feeling?

Back from the gym, showered and fed.

30 minutes of elliptical, 20 mins static bike, 15 mins rowing machine. Plus two spells on the leg press for heavy duty calf stretching. A good pint or so of perspiration deposited.

I'm struck by the number of people at this gym who opt for delicate, dry-browed workouts, often executed while browsing one of the lifestyle magazines on offer. What's the point? Me, I grunt and sweat as if I'm in training for some sexual outrage. As long as I mop up after me -- and I do --my comrades are too genteel to notice.

As for entertainment, I eschewed the German vocab in favour of a couple of Motley Fool podcasts. More freakin' opinions, though unlike the ever-decreasing circles of logic found in the football sphere, these are always delivered with good humour and a heartening humility. For anyone interested in investment, and intelligent chat about options, I recommend them -- even the older ones (they go back 15 months or so). Klicken Sie hier. I'm still working my way through the Ben Greenfield fitness podcasts, but no harm in a bit of intellectual cross training.

Back home in time for the BBC's 606 phone-in, and an entire hour of forensic submissions on the great Suarez-Evra issue. In radio history, has the word "handshake" ever been mentioned more often in a single 60 minute period? I doubt it. A half hour of angry men fervently describing white as black, followed by a half hour of angry men fervently describing black as white. In truth, it threatened to be quite conciliatory for a while before crumbling into playground mode again.

[blush]
It hasn't exterminated all the hard-won endorphins, and I've lapsed into my usual post-exercise fantasy phase when I start peeking guiltily at all those hard core websites that runners love. You know the sort of thing - Ahem.
[/blush]

One day, people. One day.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.

Messages In This Thread
Brrrr-ief update - by El Gordo - 12-02-2012, 01:06 PM
RE: Brrrr-ief update - by Sweder - 12-02-2012, 02:04 PM
RE: Brrrr-ief update - by El Gordo - 12-02-2012, 08:03 PM
RE: Brrrr-ief update - by El Gordo - 12-02-2012, 09:13 PM