Its been a while....
17-08-2012, 08:40 PM,
RE: Its been a while....
thanks for warm welcome Big Grin wasnt sure if anyone would remember me haha

what have i been up to? Well i had another baby- he was born the night before my graduation (I got a 2:1 in theology) and I still attended graduation Big Grin

I took a year out of studying to spend time with my family as i was pretty low after me and chris split up (he was having an affair and i found out the same day i found out i was pregnant -they are now married)

I started teacher training but quit 16wks before qualifying for various reasons including health. I love it and I was good at it but it just wasnt for me as it was taking over almost every aspect of my life

i got back in touch with a guy from school and we built a very close friendship, he then moved away for work and we tried making a relationship work but for many reasons it didnt work (that was last summer)

at that point I took a long hard look at my life and set about changing many things about it. infact if im honest it was a complete overhaul. i started going to watch my ex play football and got close to the team, my eldest started playing football then we both joined a hockey club, i went back to running, I upped my gym attendance to 6x a week with running hockey and boxing on top of this and the shocking 6.5 stone I had shamefully put on since dublin fell off over the year, and then one day smack bang in the middle of my "im-almost-30-have-majoryly-screwed-up-my-life-so-far-how-do-i-get-it-back-and-what-do-i-want-to-do-with-it" moment I saw a sign- an apocraphal and prophetic, symobolic, metaphoric and literal sign-on the back of the toilet door at the gym.
It was advertising a course in sports massage....

I am now a qualified sports therapist and i am a volunteer physio/first aider for my ex bfs football team (our friendship all but imploded after we broke up but we are both professional about my role with the team) and I am enjoying life in a way i never did before.

a lot to cram in 5 years BUT then I am the sort of girl who will wake up one april morning never doing anything remotely physical and say I am going to do a marathon this october..... And do it ; )

Smile x

Messages In This Thread
Its been a while.... - by lizoconnortalk21 - 16-08-2012, 11:26 PM
RE: Its been a while.... - by Sweder - 17-08-2012, 10:33 AM
RE: Its been a while.... - by lizoconnortalk21 - 17-08-2012, 08:40 PM
RE: Its been a while.... - by Sweder - 18-08-2012, 12:43 AM