Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My life, I realise suddenly, is July
21-07-2015, 07:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 21-07-2015, 07:52 PM by Charliecat5.)
RE: My life, I realise suddenly, is July
Life turns on a dime.  

Since my aborted run some weeks ago with BGG, I have had in mind to explore a little bit of the Downs as yet unknown to me.  We skirted the edges of it when cutting the aforementioned run short.

I checked it out on Google Maps and set off.  The first bit was on a well-trodden route but then I needed to find a new path (to me… and it turns out, probably a new path to most) through some woods which should in theory, bring me out near to Blackcap.  I found the path, eventually.  But it was a little overgrown and quite prickly. 

The path, when I eventually fought my way through nettles and brambles double the size of me, did bring me out quite close to Blackcap… so whilst I was there, I thought I might as well sprint up it.  So I did.  And then down again. 

To mix it up, I ran home the way I usually run up to Blackcap… sort off…  heading along the race course track into the field behind Sweder’s and back down behind the prison.  Ok, I don’t usually run up this way… but I was in the mood for adventure this evening. 

At 6 miles I slammed on the anchors and walked down the hill back home – in an attempt to look after my body a little better and cool off.  And look what was waiting for me on the doorstep!

Tonight I went out to explore and have fun.  I did.  
There is more to be done

Messages In This Thread
RE: My life, I realise suddenly, is July - by Charliecat5 - 21-07-2015, 07:50 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  July 2016 Charliecat5 2 1,380 23-07-2016, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man
  July 2011 Charliecat5 37 13,856 12-08-2014, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Bierzo Baggie