Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
August lashes out in volcanic fury
07-08-2015, 08:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 18-08-2015, 03:44 PM by Charliecat5.)
RE: August lashes out in volcanic fury
I wasn’t planning a run this morning, but waking up at 8am realising I had a hangover made the decision for me.  It wasn’t going to be pretty, but at least I could sweat out the three bottles of Prosecco, beers and wine.   It was later than normal… the air already a sweltering cauldron, cicadas pulling on their sun hats and lizards racing for shade.

Three miles was the plan… and it was reasonably quick considering all I thrown at my body only  a few hours earlier.   I managed the roller-coaster (down and up) in a 7 minute mile.  I then cruised at a steady pace to Bibbiano, a small hamlet at the top of a hill.  Having enjoyed the view for a little while, I turned my broken body and pointed it in gravity's direction and ran as hard as I could… with dust blowing off the back of my shoes I flew like the Scirocco all the way to the valley bottom and then without stopping turned to head back up the roller coaster.  Head down, focused on each step I started the heavy climb back up, and it was going well until I was overtaken by a Norwegian guy staying in the apartment next to us – he had hardly broken a sweat.   Bloody ‘ell.   

Weekly stats:  15.7 miles; 784 metres climbed.
200in100:  Day 55 and 134 miles in the bag.

We leave Italy tomorrow for the French Alps and the second instalment of the holiday.
There is more to be done

Messages In This Thread
RE: August lashes out in volcanic fury - by Charliecat5 - 07-08-2015, 08:14 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  August and new beginnings (again) Charliecat5 3 1,641 18-08-2016, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man
  August already 2014 Charliecat5 18 7,315 29-08-2014, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Charliecat5