Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
August lashes out in volcanic fury
18-08-2015, 12:12 PM,
RE: August lashes out in volcanic fury
(18-08-2015, 12:01 PM)Sweder Wrote: The flatline at the end (pace) is me stopping halfway up the hill to my house to try to stave off horrible calf cramps. Apparently magnesium is the stuff for that - one tablet before, one after. 

At risk of being serious for a second (sorry)... I have started to use Zero tabs in my water - which contain electrolytes (no idea what they do, but they sound good) and magnesium... which seem to help with the cramps in my calf muscles (I had no major issues when we ran Caburn the other week).  However, last night having loaded my backpack with water and dropped in a tab I discovered, as I headed out the door, that I hadn't attached the hose properly and it had leaked everywhere.  I quickly retreated and grabbed my water bottle and headed out again - with water, but without magnesium.

Whether connected, I don't know, but the last 2 miles were agony in the calf department.  I am surprised you didn't hear my screams when I attempted to massage them on that torturous foam rolling thing last night.  
There is more to be done

Messages In This Thread
RE: August lashes out in volcanic fury - by Charliecat5 - 18-08-2015, 12:12 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  August and new beginnings (again) Charliecat5 3 1,641 18-08-2016, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man
  August already 2014 Charliecat5 18 7,315 29-08-2014, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Charliecat5