Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
September, departing summer hath assumed
21-09-2015, 10:14 AM,
RE: September, departing summer hath assumed
(17-09-2015, 08:54 AM)Charliecat5 Wrote: Hmmmm

2)      I went to see the Doctor this morning – the lack of oxygen issue (whether real or otherwise) has been having an impact for over a month now and over the last couple of days it has got worse.  I don’t do Doctors, so this was quite a rare event for me.  The outcome is that nothing is materially wrong… but I need to listen to my body and ease back on the running for a couple of weeks. 

This has just confirmed the view I have feared for the last few of weeks.  The JS20 ain’t going to happen. 

I’m going to sit in the corner now for a while and sulk.

Hmm indeed. In my not inconsiderable experience with medicos concerning running fitness and the like, they nearly always say that kind of thing, but rarely is it sensible, just overly cautious.

Even so, do not fret over the JS20. There'll be plenty of other races, especially now that you are joining a team of misfits and masochists, i.e. a genuinely real athletics club.

Just don't forget us back here in virtual-running-club world. We're still here. Really, we are.

To prove it, I'm going for a run in the morning.

:o
Run. Just run.

Messages In This Thread
RE: September, departing summer hath assumed - by Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man - 21-09-2015, 10:14 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  September 2014 Charliecat5 22 9,267 07-10-2014, 02:08 AM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man