Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ocsober. Just kidding.
30-09-2015, 02:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-10-2015, 12:26 PM by Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man.)
Ocsober. Just kidding.
Ocsober? Really??

Look, I do know quite a few people who take the occasional month off the booze. Some of then even do it regularly, like, every year. Some of them are even my friends. It's not something I would choose to do myself, even though I'm pretty sure it can be done. I routinely take several days off the booze with no ill effects, but a whole month is just way too much unnecessary denial for me.

Why am I even mentioning this? Well only because I wanted to start an October thread whilst I have a quiet moment (sitting alongside a very nice glass of Scotch too, by the way), and because (as you've probably guessed) I didn't actually run today, so I have no run to write of. Coming off the dreaded night shifts and having to pack my bags to fly to Adelaide for a funeral tomorrow has left me short of time and disinclined to venture outdoors in running togs, which, I hasten to add, are already packed in my suitcase. I'll be in Adelaide four days all up, and will be a little disappointed if I can't squeeze in some sort of run in that time. But I ain't promising, because after the funeral there is a wake, and the next day is grand final day, and then we're celebrating my youngest son's 25th birthday and ... well, I'm sure you get my drift.

Never mind, things seem to be picking up a little around here at the moment, what with Stillwaddler's re-emergence, and the resultant reappearance of the mighty El Gordo as well, it's all quite exciting. Who knows, maybe even Sweder will pick up the pen again and run amok (so to speak) with his prose. I'd like to think so, anyhow.

OK, a mere couple of hours sleep awaits, before emerging at 4 a.m., not to run, but to catch the first very early train to the airport at 4:39 a.m.  It's odd how I can routinely arise at that time to go running, but to willingly awake at that hour to catch a train to the airport just seems ... wrong. Inhuman, even.

Merde!

[Image: Blog_Airline_Boarding-Pass.jpg]
Run. Just run.

Messages In This Thread
Ocsober. Just kidding. - by Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man - 30-09-2015, 02:24 PM
RE: Ocsober. Just kidding. - by glaconman - 08-10-2015, 12:29 PM
RE: Ocsober. Just kidding. - by Sweder - 13-10-2015, 04:22 PM
RE: Ocsober. Just kidding. - by Charliecat5 - 29-10-2015, 08:38 PM
RE: Ocsober. Just kidding. - by Charliecat5 - 01-11-2015, 10:54 AM