Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The longest journey ...
16-11-2016, 03:59 PM,
RE: The longest journey ...
(16-11-2016, 08:11 AM)OutAlongTheRiver Wrote: The slow resumption of half marathon training starts again. And boy does it feel tough mentally. I tried to diagnose why I feel reluctant - having just shown I can train for and complete HM. 

I think - for me - it's because I realise more fully now what was involved in the process. How hard some of those runs felt. How much effort 8x800m interval training on a wet Tuesday night involves. How much my legs hurt at times.

It's like looking back at a series of peaks you've just climbed - it feels satisfying, but daunting if you realise you now have to do them all over again.

But, I rationalise to myself, each individual run was just one run, not all those runs done at once. You climb it one peak at a time.

Plus, to make it seem a little different, I'll use a different training plan from Runkeeper 

So I started last night with just half an hour of the Lewes Twitten run in reverse. And tonight comes the next step on the path to Almeria.

A training plan eh?

I was going with the: "Lets do a bit of running between now and then, and rock up and see what happens" approach.
There is more to be done

Messages In This Thread
The longest journey ... - by OutAlongTheRiver - 16-11-2016, 08:11 AM
RE: The longest journey ... - by Charliecat5 - 16-11-2016, 03:59 PM
RE: The longest journey ... - by OutAlongTheRiver - 16-11-2016, 06:09 PM