Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overcometober
01-10-2018, 12:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-10-2018, 08:01 AM by Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man.)
Overcometober
The plantar fasciitis continues, albeit with better days of remission. It's frustrating and difficult to fathom. Some days it's really bad for no apparent reason, and on other days it almost disappears, giving me false hope that it's nearly over, but invariably returning with vengeance the following morning. Stretching does help, whereas ice and massage seem only to make it worse: they kill the pain, yes, but it's merely temporary and when the numbing wears off, the pain returns with interest. So I've ceased ice and massage and am concentrating on the stretching.

I think overall I'm better now than a week ago, so here's hoping the worst is behind me and I'll be running again very soon. I'm really missing the running and desperately need to get back into some running form as soon as possible. After so blithely thinking that my work hassles were over, they quite suddenly intensified. Unfortunately one of my colleagues has developed several serious medical complaints, with the result that he can no longer work night shifts. This has meant much reorganising of our rosters, and a not insignificant requirement for overtime and cancelled days off. This, of course, places further stress on those of us making up the shortfall, which threatens to escalate the whole situation out of hand. I've a meeting in two weeks time with management to see what their intentions are, and what might be done to solve this dilemma should it become a permanent arrangement. And in a strange and unexpected turn of events, our managing director was unexpectedly sacked by the board just half way through her tenure. She then leaked some incriminating evidence about the chairman of the board who was forced to resign just two days later. This is turn threw the spotlight on the entire board who are now subject to both ministerial and senate inquiries. It's drama city and, indirectly at least, putting even more pressure on my own department, where additional burdens are about as welcome as bubonic plague.

Anyway, my point is that running is a very helpful antidote to these sorts of issues, and so it's essential I get back into some semblance of running fitness soon.

On a positive note, the weather is improving as spring takes hold, and with daylight saving time commencing next weekend, the mood is lifting as the days lengthen and the temperatures rise. So there's reason to be positive and I'm choosing to remain optimistic, even if I still can't quite get back to running just at the moment.

Wink
Run. Just run.

Messages In This Thread
Overcometober - by Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man - 01-10-2018, 12:24 AM
RE: Overcometober - by Charliecat5 - 09-10-2018, 09:23 PM
RE: Overcometober - by Antonio247 - 22-10-2018, 02:13 PM
RE: Overcometober - by marathondan - 23-10-2018, 10:01 PM
RE: Overcometober - by marathondan - 25-10-2018, 08:45 PM
RE: Overcometober - by Bierzo Baggie - 10-11-2018, 01:17 PM
RE: Overcometober - by Antonio247 - 12-11-2018, 02:16 PM