Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
January 2019 ... here we go again!
12-01-2019, 11:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-01-2019, 11:39 AM by Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man.)
RE: January 2019 ... here we go again!
11 January 2019               21,725 steps             18 minutes running              weight 79.3kg

4 runs of 4 hills at 4 a.m.
   And so, I completed my fourth consecutive stupidly early short run of the week. I must say, when I woke at 3:40 a.m. and climbed out of bed I was genuinely beginning to doubt my own sanity, but believe it or not, once out on the streets I felt tremendous and the run was very enjoyable. It was just slightly less warm and humid today, and curiously, the muscle soreness I felt yesterday was largely gone, so there you go, it is possible to run through aching, tired muscles. I just took it slow and steady and it wasn’t a problem. It’s only taken me 15 years to discover that. Hmm.
   Not so enjoyable was watching Scottish tennis champ Andy Murray in tears today as he described the ongoing pain from his hip injury and how the Australian Open beginning next Monday may well be his last tournament, and even if he gets through that then Wimbledon in July will almost certainly see him retire from the sport, a sad end to an incredible career.
   I am hoping my far less stellar, more sedate form of athleticism will counter the lack of Murray-brilliance by continuing for much longer.
  Endurance of another kind was celebrated today at work when it was confirmed that we had survived seven years of hell with the announcement that an especially hated manager had finally been given the boot after costing us millions of dollars in failed projects and years of lies, deceit and general sociopathic behaviour. So well received was the news that we immediately purchased champagne and celebrated in style, and soon discovered our colleagues right around the country had been doing the same. To say a weight had been lifted from our shoulders would be an understatement, and the sense of relief was palpable.
   Happy days!
Run. Just run.

Messages In This Thread
RE: January 2019 ... here we go again! - by Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man - 12-01-2019, 11:00 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fat and flabby January Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 8 3,349 28-01-2016, 12:39 PM
Last Post: Bierzo Baggie
  2015 January is Go Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 8 2,848 02-02-2015, 11:30 AM
Last Post: stillwaddler
  January 2012 - Here We Go Again Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 40 25,422 31-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Last Post: glaconman
  January Jollies Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 68 33,653 30-01-2006, 07:53 AM
Last Post: Sweder