Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
October 2006
16-10-2006, 12:00 PM,
October 2006
Bierzo Baggie Wrote:If you can avoid injuries the football may well be good for improving speed. I’m increasingly convinced of this. Enjoy it while you can!
Hmm, we'll see whether I take that advice or not. Last Tuesday saw a depressing 14-7 reverse for the A-team against fairly average opposition. I was slow and creaky, and made little contribution except passing to the opposing keeper many times when I should have been shooting or crossing.

Then Saturday night I went out for a medium run, with a hamstring and groin still complaining from the football. For the first time since post-marathon blues, I gave up and walked (I was also distracted by the MP3 player - never again!) and got home resolving to give up the football for good -- the main arguments being my lack of ball skills, and that while I could maybe see off some of my opponents over 10 miles, over 10 yards I'm generally a poor second.

Then, bumping into a few team-mates, positive comments from Mr B. Baggie, and the fact that today my legs are completely fresh (I wanted to walk up the five flights of stairs at work), might make me reconsider. But Saturday night was so crap that I'm not sure.

Anyway, cheers BB - good luck in your next venture! (What's the distance? Looks hilly!)

Less than 3 weeks to Marlow half. Eek Eek Eek Eek Might try a run tonight.

Messages In This Thread
October 2006 - by marathondan - 10-10-2006, 09:10 AM
October 2006 - by Bierzo Baggie - 15-10-2006, 03:07 PM
October 2006 - by marathondan - 16-10-2006, 12:00 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  November 2006 marathondan 4 3,770 07-11-2006, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man