Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Born again plodder.
14-12-2005, 05:39 AM,
Born again plodder.
The sight of runners on treadmills always reminds me of mice in those little wheel thingies, but I too, have now joined their ranks, having taken delivery of a now aptly-christened 'dreadmill', the intent of which is to rejoin the running ranks without crushing my joints into the dreaded concrete and bitumen, which has been my primary running surface thus far.

To be fair, there are heaps of benefits to dreadmills: climate control, availability of food and drink, lots of numbers (great for number sluts like me), your choice of hilly or flat running etc. etc. In my case, I also have a great view, as I've located the beast in a front room overlooking the Derwent River, which is far more pleasant than my more usual experience of rubbish bins and exhaust pipes on buses. Well some of you might remember some of the photos I've posted in the past of the excellent tracks in the Adelaide Hills, where I used to do some of my runs, but I am trying to be positive about the thing...

But in point of fact, the sheer bliss of running on a forgiving surface for a change is brilliant. I wish I 'd headed down this road ages ago. Oh well, tis never too late.

Of course the main challenge at the moment is keeping off the thing, as I am a newbie all over again, wanting to rack up loads of enthusiastic mileage, but thus far I am being suitably restrained. No great pace, and no long runs for a while yet.

But it's a (re)start. And great to be back.

Here's a pic of the view from home. The treadmill view is not too dissimilar!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Run. Just run.

Messages In This Thread
Born again plodder. - by Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man - 14-12-2005, 05:39 AM
Born again plodder. - by El Gordo - 14-12-2005, 09:48 AM
Born again plodder. - by Sweder - 14-12-2005, 09:55 AM
Born again plodder. - by Sweder - 15-12-2005, 08:49 AM