Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
brighton half
22-02-2009, 07:43 PM,
brighton half
The day started badley with no record of me being in the race, no problem the nice lady said we'll issue you a new number.
Having allready decided this was a Sunday training run and i was running at 7 min mile pace i found myself on the start with Fiona lightfoot Powell, and so we set off running at about 6.30 pace. By the turn at Hove lagoon 6 miles we had picked up Simon, Mike Bannister and Mark Halls and we looked pretty impresive in our black hoop brighton vest .Although Fiona had run the National x country champs yesterday she was running incredibly strong and at the aquarium i decided to let her go, and go she did, not sure of her time but it must of been great. Simon too went blistering off for what had to be a pb.
I had allready decided to ease up when my left foot started giving me grief and i had to almost walk down the slope at Roedean but once back on level ground i got back to about 7.20 min mile for the last 1.5 mile and finished in 1:28:20 although according to my chip over 2 hours.
All in all a brilliant day and yet again Fiona and Simon excelled but also the Sunday newbies Chris and Hannah finished in sub 1:40 fantastic.
22-02-2009, 08:00 PM,
brighton half
Superb efforts all round!
Glad I took my slow-ass carcass off to Pewsey for their little hill run . . . of which more later (when I get the feeling back in my fingers) Eek

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

23-02-2009, 04:16 PM,
brighton half
Well done everyone on their times. It looks like you are all set for good London Marathon's this year.

Looking forward to reading the Terminator write-up Sweds. And seeing the photos of you running through the knee deep mud!!

JulieSmile
Almeria Half Marathon 2017
The Grizzly 2017
That's it for now!!
27-02-2009, 09:10 AM,
brighton half
Starting to realise it’s going to be a good day when I line up next to Steve!
We got to the start a bit late and ended up further back than intended. That was fine – my legs weren’t so much sore but a bit stiff from muddy hills the day before. Thought I’d see what happened and play it by ear. After the race Steve D said he thought we’d got lost at the start – he was standing about 500m from the line and wondered what took us so long to pass him. Something along the lines of looking like we were out on a normal Sunday run…which is kind of what we were supposed to be doing. The first mile was 6.31 and then I didn’t really look at my watch again. Got updates from Steve that we were going a bit fast…reverse de ja vu from Hastings. Marc caught up with us around the Old Steine and he soon sped off. We saw a lot of Brighton vests and there was a fair bit of chat in the first half of the run (though less as I started feeling the pain), particularly when we noticed Simon up ahead. We came up with a few potential plans about whether to let him know we were there or not. At the turn Steve was given a bit of abuse for running with me (“Steve, you’re shit, you’re running with a woman”)! We caught up with Simon and then there was a pack of red vests running down the seafront. At mile 6 my legs didn’t seem to be suffering too much more than they were at the start line so decided to keep going at the same pace. Steve was given a bottle of his magic formula rehydration stuff at the aquarium and was good enough to share it with Simon and me, a godsend after the fun and games trying to drink out of paper cups. The boys decided to ease off the pace in the incline past the aquarium and I caught up with Mike. We ran to the marina together at which point I apparently opened up about 50m, though was feeling it now. Mike closed the gap on the run back down Marina Parade and passed me with a couple of hundred metres to go. Managed to take a minute off my pb and as a result have been avoiding walking downstairs all week! Great day for everyone, seemed to be loads of pbs and fab team results. Thanks to Simon for organising a great post-run feed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brighton and Hove AC Christmas party - This Saturday ! gary c 6 5,883 25-06-2014, 03:47 PM
Last Post: j4xed1
  Brighton & Hove AC Christmas Party Tickets gary c 2 2,795 06-11-2009, 08:38 AM
Last Post: Sweder
  Brighton and Hove Christmas Party -date for your diary gary c 1 2,607 15-09-2009, 03:50 PM
Last Post: steve scott
  Brighton and Hove AC Christmas Party 2009 gary c 7 5,209 15-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Simon Ho
  London Marathon 2009 Brighton and Hove AC Race Report jason knight 2 3,472 04-05-2009, 03:44 PM
Last Post: jason knight
  Post Brighton Half meet up gary c 7 4,592 19-02-2009, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Simon Ho
  A place in the Brighton Half gary c 1 2,271 30-01-2009, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Sweder
  Brighton and Hove AC Christmas Party gary c 7 3,869 10-11-2008, 09:41 PM
Last Post: steepler
  Barns Green Half - 2 November Simon Ho 17 8,271 04-11-2008, 05:42 PM
Last Post: Nick Kirby
  Almeria Half 2009 Sweder 9 4,629 11-10-2008, 06:57 PM
Last Post: msilv