Trapped nerve
22-09-2005, 03:36 PM,
Trapped nerve
I woke up this morning with a shooting pain in my neck which radiates down my shoulder and into the top of my back. I phoned up the doctor and he says i've got a trapped nerve in my neck probably caused by lying awkwardly in bed. I'm supposed to be doing a run tonight but i'm in so much pain with it there's no way I can do it, has anyone else ever suffered from this? Now i'm worrying incase it doesn't go away in time for Bristol a week on Sunday, it's just typical!
22-09-2005, 08:12 PM,
Trapped nerve
Hi MC

I haven't suffered a trapped nerve, but I visit and osteopath every quarter to ward off any injuries from misalignment of the skeleton. I've had back probs in the past and don't anymore, if that's any recommendation.

Anyway, back to you - an osteopath should straighten you out and help release the nerve. If it doesn't shift in the next little while, get an appointment. That's all I can offer.

I hope it clears one way or another.
23-09-2005, 12:34 PM,
Trapped nerve
MissChampers Wrote:I woke up this morning with a shooting pain in my neck which radiates down my shoulder and into the top of my back. I phoned up the doctor and he says i've got a trapped nerve in my neck probably caused by lying awkwardly in bed. I'm supposed to be doing a run tonight but i'm in so much pain with it there's no way I can do it, has anyone else ever suffered from this? Now i'm worrying incase it doesn't go away in time for Bristol a week on Sunday, it's just typical!

Should be just a short-term problem if it's just from lying awkwardly in bed. What's the latest?
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
23-09-2005, 05:29 PM,
Trapped nerve
andy Wrote:Should be just a short-term problem if it's just from lying awkwardly in bed. What's the latest?
It's actually ok today but i've got a bit of a sore throat now lol. I've not really felt right since I went for a long run in the heat on Tuesday night. I went out about 5.30 and I hadn't eaten since lunchtime but was planning on eating when I got back so maybe that's why I feel a bit run down. I was meant to go for a quick run this evening but I thought I'd best not othewise i'll make myself feel worse. I'm going to have an early night tonight and go tomorrow morning as well as Sunday.