Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Roper
11-05-2005, 09:59 AM,
Tom Roper
Sweder, you might know this chap, or at least be interested in his blog. He seems to run in your area:

http://tomroper.typepad.com/marathon2005/

The main blog is at http://tomroper.typepad.com/
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
11-05-2005, 11:48 PM,
Tom Roper
Well, for the next day or two 'my area' will be Los Angeles. Hoping to get an early morning run in tomorrow (Thursday), but stationed around LAX is not the place to be for white Europeans to go jogging, so I'm told.

I'll be sure to check out this fella when I get back at the weekend.

PS: I just looked at a couple of his posts - actually this fella is in SP territory - he runs around Alfriston and Bishopstone, very close to Seaford.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

12-05-2005, 07:30 AM,
Tom Roper
I think I may have seen this guy about.

Interesting he runs up to Black Cap too. But a 1.43 1/2 marathon time is outa my leagueSad
13-05-2005, 12:55 AM,
Tom Roper
I dropped Tom a line on his site to say 'hello' and invite him over to RC for a visit. It's weird - he's also a veteran of the Jog Shop Jog (race proper) and is planning to do it this October. He's in for the Seaford Half so provided I get in I hope to see him there.

Yes SP, his Brighton Half time was 1:43 - pretty decent and a fair bit faster than mine, so he could be the ideal person for me to run with at Seaford to go for a PB. It's past time I managed sub 1:50, that's for sure.

Thanks for the 'phone call at 3 am. I did manage to get back to sleep, but failed in my quest to get out for a couple of miles near LAX (looking for a Mugger Free Zone in Inglewood proved an exercise in futility). I've moved on to San Diego now and am staying with a mate on the ede of a golf course, so hoping for a beautful 4 miler in the early hours before flying home.

13-05-2005, 05:37 AM,
Tom Roper
No problem Sweder. That'll teach you to leave your phone on! But in my defence I had no idea you'd gone gallivanting.

I think you can forget about a PB at the Seaford 1/2. It's 95% off road and more hilly than Hastings. Eek

4 miles in the bin for me yeserday, but still to do a weekend longee. With three weeks to go I may wimp out of the race, unless Tom enters - then I'd have no choice.

p.s. next MGS entry done!
13-05-2005, 12:56 PM,
Tom Roper
Tom has entered . . . oh, you mean El Capitano Tim/ Tom.
Most unlkely, I'm afraid - they don't allow Bling at the Seaford Half.