Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post-marathon paralysis
08-05-2005, 09:35 PM,
Post-marathon paralysis
I've had a few emails asking me what's happened to the Hamburg marathon report, and why I've not updated the diary for a week or two.

Sorry.

The report isn't huge, it's just a matter of getting round to finishing it. I think one of the problems is that I don't remember much about the second half of the race. I've written all about the first half, but what happened then? A bit like the race itself, I want to finish it but I'm sort of stuck...

Apart from that there is a slight motivation problem. Anyone who's done a marathon knows that you can get a bit deflated afterwards, and lethargic. In my case, there's been too much beer and sausage and not enough writing.

I've got other excuses as well, but I'd better hang onto a couple just in case...

I need to get it up this week because I'm just about to start running again after my 2 week break, and I can't write about new stuff before the old is packaged and stored. Bear with me....

Cheers

Andy
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
09-05-2005, 09:23 AM,
Post-marathon paralysis
I'm finding the post-marathon weeks a little strange too.
Although I've set a target (Seaford Half) I'm still strangely lethargic apart from my desire to eat, which knows no bounds. I still have a second report from Ireland to write/ post, but I'm saving it for fear of having nothing to write about. Better get the old boots on, then.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph