Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
January
05-01-2009, 10:31 AM,
January
No running to report, just the tail end of a hefty chest infection. Christmas was a blur of heavy duty cooking, and Grand Cru Bordeaux, at least this year I could taste the sublime stuff :-) despite the hacking cough.

Big bonus was a new pair of Asic Gel Kyanos for the princely sum of 30 squid courtesy of a friend of one of my sons who works in a large local sports shop, he bagged them for me just as they were discounted for the January sale...what a nice boy :-)

I have brought my running kit to work today and fully intend to hit the treadmill at lunchtime, the pavements are far to slippery and I dread breaking anything else.
Phew this is hard work !
05-01-2009, 02:02 PM,
January
Agreed sw, the terrain is much too spikey just now. I took the hounds out for a pre-dawn walk this morning and spent most of the time wobbling like SP at the end of a night out. Definitely tready weather Wink

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

05-01-2009, 05:02 PM,
January
the tready greeted me like an old friend! 3 miles banked anyway...Careful when you are out with the dogs Sweder, my friend did a fantastic face plant when her dog pulled a little too hard on an icy track...claws have better grip :-) I have a wonderful set of over-spikes, sort of rubber over shoes with tungsten spikes on them, unfortunately they aren't big enough to go over my trainers...a large pair might be in order? but you cqan bet your life as soon as I order a pair the big thaw will arrive.
Phew this is hard work !
23-01-2009, 10:48 AM,
January
Still no booze, still waddling a bit, (no great distances,) still going to the gym, Tuesday night did 65 k on the bike while watching the footy!
Another birthday is hovering ominously. I am now convinced that at my age if I don’t use it I’m certainly going to lose it - HELP
Phew this is hard work !
24-01-2009, 03:01 AM,
January
Good to see you're still getting out there sw... hope you're still hitting the cello too. And once you can hit the dark stuff again all things will seem so much better anyhow.

Smile
Run. Just run.
24-01-2009, 07:43 AM,
January
I'm not so sure about that last point (chugs another couple of Neurofen).
Apologies to anyone I PM'd/ chatted with/ wrote to last night. Yes, it was his fault, again . . .

SW, 65k is an excellent effort on any kind of bike Eek
That's what I need to be doing post-Almeria in prep for London to Paris in June. My main concern is saddle-soreness . . . obviously a monstrous gel seat will help, but there's nowt like putting in the hours to acclimatise the buns and so prevent hamburgerisation of the backside . . .

How's the wrist now? Are you bowing again?

24-01-2009, 09:23 AM,
January
Worth watching the Oz Clarke / James May thing this Tuesday which is from Ireland, and includes a Guinness bit. Mind you, you may not want to know how it's made.

Keep at it SW -- good to know you're living up to your name.

London to Paris? Did I miss that announcement? (I can feel a classic thread hijack coming up here...)
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
24-01-2009, 11:10 AM,
January
Sweder Wrote:.... in prep for London to Paris in June.

What????
Run. Just run.
24-01-2009, 11:38 AM,
January
Ah . . . I appear to have said that out loud . . . :o More later.
Sorry SW, I'll drag this lot off to my diary for this . . .

28-01-2009, 01:10 PM,
January
You must be relieved, for your male counterparts at least, at the news this morning that Cello Scrotum, hitherto thought to be the bane of well-endowed Big-bowers everywhere, is in fact an elborate hoax. It was dreamed up in the 1970's by John Murphy, who on hearing about Guitarist's Nipple felt the classical element deserved their own unique ailment. His Wife, the now Baroness Murphy, fessed up to the prank recently.More here.

That'll be a load off . . . Rolleyes

29-01-2009, 02:01 PM,
January
Sweder, Are you sure cello scrotum is a myth? I'm sure i have met cellists who confessed to suffering from just this complaint;-)

MLCM/Sweder, thanks for asking, things are looking up a bit on the cello-ing front, I mananged a full 2 hour rehearsal on Monday night, eyeballls were nearly falling out with the effort of sight reading, but the hand/wrist wasn't too bad considering.

El G, I have been watching the Oz and James show, I find them both strangely irritating but the subject matter makes up for it:-) missed the bit on Guinness on Tuesday, but I think it is repeated??
Had a short run out at lunchtime today, weather was quite perky for once - wonder if my broad beans have germinated?
Phew this is hard work !

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  January stillwaddler 22 12,049 04-02-2010, 08:31 AM
Last Post: stillwaddler
  January blues stillwaddler 2 2,305 25-01-2007, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Bierzo Baggie