Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's all over now, baby (blue)?
02-11-2004, 12:50 PM,
Bugger of a time lately. A mild return bout of the pericarditis has meant no running for a bloody long time now. Clearly the Hobart marathon is quite out of the question. Some serious re-thinking is required and a new goal needs to be set, but not until things have totally cleared up and I can get into some sort of running routine.

In the meantime, I have used my "down time" to teach my dog a few new tricks... progress pic attached.

MLC Man.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Run. Just run.
11-11-2004, 10:32 PM,
Sorry to hear about the relapse, MLCM. Must be very frustrating.

Is there any update? Are you able to do something else instead? Swimming?

Any hint of when you might be running again?
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
11-11-2004, 11:16 PM,
Yes swimming is probably the best option at this stage ... just need a little warmer weather to get the pool up to temp.

The chest pain is not really going away, which is the concern. Whilst it's not in any way severe, it should have gone completely ages ago. So everything is very uncertain.

I probably could run without too much trouble, but it's probably a bit silly to do so until given the all clear, especially as my wife is more than a little worried by it all :o

In the meantime I keep my running spirits up by reading the exploits of everyone here... you're all doing marvellously well, and I'm toasting your success with large quantities of beer which I have not earned... but which I consider medicinal Rolleyes

Doubtless I'll be running again soon...ish. Will keep you posted.
Run. Just run.
11-11-2004, 11:19 PM,
Let's hope so, mate.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Once in a blue June. Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 8 2,889 22-06-2016, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man