Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ain't no sunshine when I run...
09-08-2004, 02:14 PM,
Monday 9th August

Went out for a short 2.5 km test run. Definite improvement, but still finding it much tougher than normal. This is usually just an easy warm up jog. Instead it was moderately difficult, and I came home covered in sweat and short of breath. Still, a noticeable improvement on last week. Don't think I'll be ready for the Olympics though. Guess I'll have to relinquish my spot after all.

Tonight was actually something of a cross training exercise as well; being Monday night, which is rubbish night around here, the run became a slalom course of rubbish bins littering my running track (ie footpath), and even occasionally a dodgem car/crash derby as half-crazed residents wheel their bins out to the kerb, making sure no idiotic runner deters them from their single-minded determination to get the bin out before the ad break is over. How sad life is, sometimes.....
BUT NOT FOR US RUNNERS!
Big Grin
Run. Just run.
09-08-2004, 04:24 PM,
Every night is rubbish night in Huddersfield. Except tonight, when I'll be making a rare visit to a public house to watch Watford play Queens Park Rangers in one of the most eagerly awaited fixtures of the season so far (which began 2 days ago).

No running for me today then. None yesterday either. Nor Saturday. And Friday was a bad one. Thursday I missed because it was the day after the long joggy-walk on Wednesday, which doesn't really count as a run. Tuesday was my bilious, bloated 3.6 miles which came 4 days after my last decent run....

Caramba. I've not done much for 10 days or so. So you're doing pretty well, MLC Man.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
09-08-2004, 10:28 PM,
Three-bloody-nil

Is there a link between the performance of QPR and that of Mr.Andrew Hercules Lynam, esq? A dreadful result for the Rrrrrs on the back of a rough running week for Andy... you have to wonder.

Commiserations, but remember it's early days yet and a tough new division for your lads...
Run. Just run.
16-08-2004, 02:41 PM,
What an absolutely crappy running week it was. I don't even want to talk about it.

Grrrr.

Andy, Nigel, SP et al... here's your chance - kick an Aussie's arse.

I need to run more.
Run. Just run.
16-08-2004, 04:42 PM,
Sadly, it's been a terrible week for me too.

Still, there's always tomorrow, eh?

When does your 18 week HH programme start? Until that begins you're really just getting into shape. You don't want to peak too soon now, do you?
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Run? Must in August. Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 12 7,979 31-08-2010, 12:47 PM
Last Post: marathondan
  Over-weight, Under-run Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 13 5,481 18-01-2005, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man