Training diaries
23-07-2004, 10:10 AM,
Training diaries
I've been away from the forum for a while, but I've just caught up with some recent posts. Just wanted to say how good it is to read some great race/training reports. And MLCM has kept me chortling this mornng again too.

So thanks for taking the time, the descriptions and reflections really are appreciated, not just by me but by many others who mention them when they mail me off-list.

If there's anyone out there who wants to keep a training diary/log here, just drop me a line at andy@runningcommentary.co.uk and I'll set you up. The idea is to keep you motivated for your race, and to keep the rest of us entertained. It's not a bad swap.

Cheers

Andy
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
23-07-2004, 02:25 PM,
Training diaries
I can scarcely believe I'm doing this... perhaps I shouldn't have had that last Heineken. My heart is palpitating at the thought, but I'll do it... having missed my first marathon objective (Melbourne in October - a total impossibility now) I will commit to my hometown marathon, Hobart on Jan 9 - so that's, what, about 22 weeks away, giving me 4 weeks of beer and chocolate before hitting the Hal Higdon special.

Andy, I know I can rely on you to give me extra special goading when I slacken off... so set me up log captain.

With immense trepidation,

MLC Man.
Run. Just run.
24-07-2004, 10:50 AM,
Training diaries
Good decision, MLCM. You're all set up.

Best of luck for your first marathon. Part of me says: "You poor bastard". But a louder voice is expressing envy.

It's great to have your manic humour round here Graham, but there's plenty of help and support for all of us here too. Do use it.

Andy
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  training update two oceans marathon amit 12 8,353 25-03-2008, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Seafront Plodder
  Thanks to the training diarists El Gordo 3 1,330 17-02-2004, 08:33 PM
Last Post: El Gordo