Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official training...
18-07-2004, 11:02 PM,
Official training...
...has now started for my assault on The Big Apple. A city so brash, their slogan is, in big bold letters:

I RUN THIS TOWN!

So perhaps I will. Big Grin

Hill work. Cardiac Hill (if you recall from previous entries) did me no end of good before, so I have started early this time.

My 15 year old daughter C, thinks she's too unfit , (as in the anyone-born-before-1975 meaning), so she decided to come running with me yesterday morning. Eek A teenager out of bed before noon!!

Well I left her for dead, powering up the hill as only plodders can. Half way up she started walking, at about the same time as I passed a little old lady walking her pet long-haired rat.

C then ran/walked her way past Mrs Old Lady who apparently remarked, "I think your husband is trying to prove a point dear!"

Quite why old ladies insist on calling everyone 'dear' is worth discussing another day! I'd like to think though, that I look incredibly lithe and young, rather than C looking like old enough to be my wife!

I PB'd in Dublin on 2 runs per week. Andy PB's (?) in Copenhagen on a strict regime of beer, curries and apathy, so hell I may even enjoy this campaign!!

Hell, I'm even beginning to talk like an american! Big Grin
20-07-2004, 03:12 PM,
Official training...
Look what I've just gone and done!

Eek
23-07-2004, 09:56 AM,
Official training...
Well done Andy, we're looking forward to hearing about the training.

In return, I'll certainly be making a donation, and I'm sure others will follow suit.

Keep us posted.

Andy
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
24-07-2004, 09:33 PM,
Official training...
Thanks Andy. Big Grin
06-09-2004, 01:26 PM,
Official training...
anticipated thanks also to anyone else who may wish to support The MS Society.
12-09-2004, 06:35 PM,
Official training...
I haven't forgotten about that donation, SP, but I figured that you might run out of an incentive to post here if I paid up too quickly, so I'm keeping you in suspense for a bit yet.

Remind us when the race is?
El Gordo

13-09-2004, 08:49 AM,
Official training...
Quote:Originally posted by andy
Remind us when the race is?

If you click on This Link you will find yourself at my web page. In the top blue banner is the race date. (I would tell you but I have to leave some incentive for you to visit). Wink

Oh, and while you're there...... Big Grin
11-10-2004, 12:45 PM,
Official training...
A Runningcommentary forumite has sponsored me.

Thank you.

Big Grin
11-10-2004, 12:49 PM,
Official training...
There'll be at least one more before the race, and we'll see if we can't improve on that.

Sorry to sound like a patronising doctor.
El Gordo

11-10-2004, 05:14 PM,
Official training...
Quote:Originally posted by andy
There'll be at least one more before the race, and we'll see if we can't improve on that.

Sorry to sound like a patronising doctor.

Wise words Andy. Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  London to Brighton Cycle Ride - Training Diary Seafront Plodder 4 1,508 06-01-2017, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Seafront Plodder
  Brooks Brighton 10K - (un) Official Photographs Seafront Plodder 8 6,205 20-11-2008, 03:21 AM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man