hints for...
21-06-2004, 01:07 PM,
hints for...
older runners and how to improve speed appeared as a feature in British Runner recently, I only glanced at the mag while at the airport earlier this month, thinking that I would buy it when I returned...unfortuantly I haven't been able to find it since - maybe it was last months copy?? If anyone has it, could you possibly give me a precis/gist of the advice, I seem to remember it was linked to stride length getting shorter with age. I would ask on the Runners World site, but thought I might get black listed if I asked for info from a rival publication:-0

Hope you are all thriving and training hard ;-) I still can't breath properly, must be the pollen or something - oooh excuses!
Phew this is hard work !
27-06-2004, 01:45 PM,
hints for...
I bought the June issue a few weeks ago as it had a terrible article by me in it. Must admit I didn't look through the rest of it, but I'll dig it out and take a look later.

Andy
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
30-06-2004, 08:12 AM,
hints for...
That's really kind of you - what was the article you wrote? Is this a new venture or something you have been doing for ages? Do you have any more articles/books in the pipe line?
Phew this is hard work !
30-06-2004, 12:18 PM,
hints for...
Hi SW

It was a pretty useless thing about marshalling at the London marathon. Pretty much the same piece as I posted here about the day. It was the first running article I've done though I've had a few other things published over the years.

I've been writing a running book for what seems like a long time now, though the finish line is still a long way off. I'm always hesitant about mentioning it. Peter Cook's incisive cartoon comes to mind. Two blokes at a London drinks party:

First Chap: "What are you doing these days?"
Second Chap: "Writing a novel"
First Chap: "Neither am I."

I've just written a couple of articles about my recent trip to Cuba which I thought I'd tout around. Will let you know how I get on.

Back soon...

Andy

PS Had a look at BR last night. It's the May issue but couldn't see the item you mention. Perhaps it was the June one you saw.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.