Update
04-03-2004, 12:35 AM,
Update
Hi All

Just to let you know what's going on as I haven't got access to my normal computer at the moment with all my web stuff to hand.

Haven't run this week at all. Not since Sunday. On my way to the pub (not on the way back...) on Sunday I stubbed my toe really badly in the dark, and it's turned out to be bad enough to stop me running since then.

The Silverstone Half is on Sunday. I've no doubt that the toe will be better by then, but without a run all week, how prepared for it will I be? Had a beer and chocolate day today, just to remind me of the horrors that my new, ascetic lifestyle has saved me from.

I'm on that downward slide, but am just managing to hang onto the top by a couple of fingers...

Hope everyone else is running well,

Cheers

Andy
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
04-03-2004, 01:22 AM,
Update
Andy,

Not to worry about taking the week off before Sunday. Usually, a very light week is ideal before a long race. Try to get in a short warm-up run on Saturday and you should be settled for Sunday.

I've had a bad stomach flu the past few days, and haven't run either since Sunday. Sounds like we'll be in the same boat. Luck has it though that I should be feeling better for the flight across the pond.

See you Sunday morning on the bus!
04-03-2004, 10:11 AM,
Update
OK FJS, look forward to it.

Did you get the instructions OK?

If not, go to: http://www.runningbus.co.uk/instructions.htm

Cheers

Andy
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
04-03-2004, 03:44 PM,
Update
It´s a pity, Andy, you got injured. However, as the Spanish proverb says: "No hay mal que por bien no venga" ( It´s an ill wind that blows nobody any good- It may be a blessing in disguise ). Perhaps the fact you´ve had to rest can help you not to be too tired at the race. I think that it helped me at Almería half to lower my PB in 15 minutes since that week I couldn´t run much because I had a strong cold.

Well, good luck, Andy. Enjoy your trip with your running mates on the bus and the half marathon if you finally can take part.

Antonio.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  training update two oceans marathon amit 12 8,331 25-03-2008, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Seafront Plodder
  Update El Gordo 15 4,978 06-10-2005, 12:46 PM
Last Post: Iceman
  Update El Gordo 0 972 20-01-2005, 09:42 AM
Last Post: El Gordo
  Update El Gordo 3 1,542 05-12-2003, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Antonio247
  Running log update El Gordo 0 1,147 14-07-2003, 11:10 PM