Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National DNA database - Good thing?
13-11-2008, 09:33 AM,
Well on the one hand, if you've done nothing wrong you've nothing to fear - right?

Read a copper's view....

Speaking as somebody who has access to the national DNA database, and occasionally uses it as well, it’s a very fine crime fighting tool with lots of benefits for crime detection. BUT.

If your DNA is at a crime scene you will have to use some bloody clever tactics and arguments to explain yourself, if you intend to deny you were there. If your DNA is at a location YOU WERE THERE that’s all there is to it. No room for argument. Your only defence is to explain away your reason for it being there.

BUT DNA can be transferred. It can be relocated by anybody who knows what they are doing. If you leave a hair sample at a location, it can be moved to another location. If you cut yourself on a piece of broken glass, that blood sample can be moved to another location. Therefore DNA is far from being a fool proof way of proving you were somewhere. Even good old fashioned fingerprints, can be uplifted and placed on something else.

You can carry somebody else’s DNA on your cloths in the form of a skin cell, which can fall off and end up on somebody else’s cloths. So putting it simply, it can be quite dangerous to use DNA as absolute proof of anything.

All police officers are required to supply their employer with a sample of their fingerprints. Fair enough you say !!!!! A few years ago we were told that all police officers had to provide a DNA sample as well. I refused!!!! Why ??? Well because there is a huge gulf of difference between DNA and fingerprints. Fingerprints are simply greasy marks. Nothing else. But to me DNA is not only private, it’s possibly the most intimate thing you have. DNA has to be physically removed from you in order to supply it. It’s intrusive and if I don’t consent to it any attempt to take it from me is an assault. Which is of course what I pointed out when I was told to supply it. So I informed my employers that if any attempt was made to take my DNA I’d consider myself as being assaulted and I’d defend myself accordingly. They backed down.

Nobody but me has the right to my DNA if I’ve done nothing wrong. If you are convicted or a crime, yes you should be made to supply it. By force if required. If you are later found not guilty the DNA should be destroyed. BUT nobody anywhere should be made to supply the most intimate and private thing they have. Your DNA is basically a set of plans for you. Every single part of who and what you are, is contained in that DNA strand.

The possibility that any DNA of yours could fall into the wrong hands is too great. The government has a woeful record for mismanaging databases. I’d not trust these fools with anything of mine. So if anybody wants my DNA today or in the future, they’ll have to accept the injuries that they’ll incur trying to get it !!!!
13-11-2008, 02:15 PM,
I seem to recall one William Jefferson Clinton running into difficulties when some of his DNA was discovered on a young lady's dress.
Sounds dangerous to me.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

14-11-2008, 01:59 PM,
This time on the subject of the useless state system we have here. Through his job he details frustrations that we can all recognise and his views from within this system is well worth a read IMO.

I suspect I’m not the only one to find the latest tidal wave of murdered children upsetting. But of course we now live in a society that has got all its priorities totally upside down. The child known as “Baby P” seems to have been neglected by the useless Hackney authorities, because Hackney like every other area if the State, has taken its eye of the job its supposed to be doing, and spends all its time navel gazing and creating pie charts. The two murdered children this week in Manchester, seem to have also suffered from the neglect of a navel gazing state machine, that has grown fat and exists solely for the purpose of its own existence.

Of course this fat and useless State machine did not kill those children. Their evil parents were responsible. BUT the State machine was well aware of what was occurring and failed to act. So the State MUST shoulder much of the responsibility. And f course this is not Hackney’s first brush with headline failure a we all know.

My own experiences from being part of, and fighting this State monster, are numerous. A climate of fear exists within the police, social services, the NHS etc etc etc. The farce comes from an all pervading and divisive political correctness, which prevents issues from being tackled openly and effectively.

You try dealing with any problems of abuse within an ethnic minority family. It’s bordering on impossible to intervene effectively, when you have to jump through hoops of flame and tread on egg shells, because of the ever present possibility of being accused of God knows what!!!!! If that ethnic family accuse you of only dealing with them because they are black, Muslim or whatever, your State employer will happily throw you to the wolves.

Then you discover that wife and child beating is part of their culture and has to be respected. Then there’s single mothers. Don’t ever try to deal with a single mother if she’s abusing her offspring in any way whatsoever. Single mothers are given the status of saints within the State machine and are beyond reproach. And if the child has TWO parents, and both are welfare scroungers living in social housing, again they’re saintly and beyond criticism.

Added to this unholy mess of mixed up values, you have to fight hard against the obsession with pointless accounting and form filling. Every single act, no matter how urgent, has to go through a seemingly endless series of meetings and completing forms. Meetings to assess and determine the Human Rights involved, community impact assessments, Health and Safety risk assessments, Advice from various outreach groups, then all the less official meetings and groups and good old fashioned covering your own back.

Whilst all this is going on children get battered to death. But at least we got together and talked about it first.

I seem to spend my days going from one pointless meeting the next. Whatever we do, seems to involve a meeting where self congratulations for a job well failed, seem to be the order of the day.

There are so many levels of bureaucracy that any action has to travel through; it amazes me that anything ever gets done at all.

So as a result, we exist in order to perpetuate our continued existence. You justify your job by having yet more meetings, where you can convince others of your great worth to society. By doing all of this the State machine has become so inwards looking, we are no longer doing what we’re aid to do.

I could actually give you many examples of this which would horrify you. But trying to remain sensible I’ll have to keep them to myself.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good site, need Quicktime Player Sweder 4 1,845 06-06-2005, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Seafront Plodder