Hi from Tel Aviv
06-09-2003, 12:44 PM,
Hi from Tel Aviv
Very quick msg as about to run out of time in this internet cafe.

Have been writing logs but can't upload at the moment.

Managed 1 run so far but v hot. Worrying about whether I'll be able to see the England game this evening....

Damn, there goes my timer...

Andy
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
07-09-2003, 06:59 PM,
Hi from Tel Aviv
Andy, you missed a great day out. Bristol was a very well run event. Plenty of water stations (in bottles), goody bags, medal, good route (although there were a couple of hills in the last two miles which took me by surprise). With my local knowledge I should have been prepared for them. On second thoughts, knowing about them would have meant me thinking of them earlier in the race.

I'd be interested to hear if any other subscribers to this worthy forum had experiences in Brizzle today!

Cheers
Griff
08-09-2003, 06:21 AM,
Hi from Tel Aviv
Well done, Griff. Sounds like another good event I've missed.

Remember to enter the Bath Half, March 2004. See Nigel's message below. It sells out almost immediately.

Had a good run along the sea front this morning. Am hoping I can upload some logs shortly.

Must dash. Should be in a classroom just now.

Andy

Andy
El Gordo

08-09-2003, 12:07 PM,
Hi from Tel Aviv
Monday, and still nursing some tight muscles. Have just registered for Bath 2004.

See you there!

Griff.
08-09-2003, 12:38 PM,
Hi from Tel Aviv
Yeah, let's hope so this time!

Andy
El Gordo

10-09-2003, 04:08 PM,
Hi from Tel Aviv
Have given up trying to ftp anything to the site for the moment. I seem to be inside a v unfriendly firewall here.

Anyway, it's only the usual stuff. Have managed 3 or 4 early morning runs, and am still vaguely hopeful about doing a long one before returning, but also hoping to fit in a bit of proper leisure time.

Planning to be out on the raz in Tel Aviv tonight for the England game.

Andy
El Gordo

14-09-2003, 03:01 PM,
Hi from Tel Aviv
Excellent reports Andy, must have been quite an experience. The closest I have got to the middle east is Turkey, it really is another world and I never tired of just watching the way of life there, the customs and people: that's without the threat of violence!! Was in greece a few weeks back, and took my trainers in the vain hope that they would entice me into an early morning run. They never did, so I applaud you Andy for the running you did do over there.

As Dublin looms closer, my training is still on course. 19.5 miles this morning and still running at the end! I really do believe these long runs are the key, and if you do nothing else the time of your feet is vital. I have learnt a lot since the FLM training I undertook. This morning I got through 1.5 litres of Gatorade, and probably a full litre of water, I started sloooooowly and worked my way into it.

Hopefully the 5.19 pb is at risk!!
14-09-2003, 03:41 PM,
Hi from Tel Aviv
Shalom SP.

You sound well on course for Dublin. If you're doing 19 or 20 this far out you'll be OK I'm sure. Do report back on it.

It's going to come just too quickly for me I'm afraid. I'm aiming to do the GNR next weekend and that's the longest run for a long time. There's just a possibility of a late marathon for me this year, but I'm not going to say anything about it as that seems to be the kiss of death.

I've just got home, and will be updating the Jerusalem log that I added to on the plane, and crapping on about yesterday's Dead Sea jaunt. It was a good trip. As for running in that climate the key seems to be two things: do it very early, and don't get too drunk the night before. These are going to be difficult things to do if you're on holiday. It was only because the first 7 days or so were working days, therefore no late nights and excessive alcohol, that I was able to do any running.

Cheers, Andy
El Gordo