Hello from Calgary, Canada
05-08-2003, 05:01 PM,
I forget how I discovered your site Andy, but have really enjoyed reading your notes and the others posted here. Thought I should let you know who I am and that I've signed on to your site. I live in Calgary, AB Canada, which is very close to the Rocky Mountains. For some reason, maybe because it's so different from here and there's so much to do and see, London England has a special place in my heart and I seem to end up there every year.

So last year I decided to try running the London marathon (my first marathon!) And I can honestly say I enjoyed it! Until the last few miles that is... I'm hoping to get in again next year. I've tried not to lose too much of my base, but it's rather hard to keep running long runs when the marathon is still so far away.

Until next time,

SuzieQ
05-08-2003, 05:37 PM,
Welcome, Suzie, and thanks for continuing to stop by.

Well done on completing the London marathon. Yes, it's a great event, and one I'd love to do again myself -- perhaps next year. (I'm becoming more hesitant before making any plans in public. They have a tendency to blow up in my face...)

It's funny how so many of us envy each other's locations. The grass is always greener...

[Image: calgary.jpg]

This is the sort of thing I think about when I think of Calgary.

[Image: tube.jpg]

On the other hand, this is London, and the temperature today is 34C (94F). Take your pick, everyone.

The Rockies sound great, and a trip to Canada is somewhere on our very long list of places we'd like to go.

I wouldn't worry too much about running long runs when you're outside a marathon training programme. It's hard to stay motivated enough to run 15 or 20 miles when you don't really have to. Your body needs a vacation too, so let her have it while she can! I'm sure if you can maintain your base fitness you can slip back into a higher intensity at the right time.

Do stay in touch, Suzie, and let us know if you're coming over to London again in the spring, and if we can help in any way. You'll be around at the ideal time to celebrate QPR's promotion too, so book that flight now...

Cheers,

Andy
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello from Canada psc 5 1,835 16-11-2004, 11:01 AM
Last Post: El Gordo