Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
menu on the left
19-03-2003, 03:59 PM,
menu on the left
Is there any way of collapsing it? Much of the stuff, particularly the diary entries are too wide for my screen so I have to keep using the bottom bar to slide back and forth.

A.

That item you have in the 'Writing About Running' section Andy - inspiring!
19-03-2003, 04:07 PM,
menu on the left
Hmm, interesting, SP. What's your screen resolution? Mine is wide (1400 x 1050 I think) which I must admit makes me a bit blinkered about display problems.

Let me check this out later.

The answer to the question is no, I can't collapse the menu horizontally. You can collapse it vertically with the button at the bottom, but that won't help you. A better solution is for me to make sure that the right hand frame is not a fixed width. I had thought I'd done this, but maybe I haven't on all screens.

Thanks for pointing this out - it's very useful to know these things.

Yes, the piece by Roger Hart is truly wonderful. If you like reading about running incidentally, I'll be launching a running books section shortly.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Andy
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
19-03-2003, 04:14 PM,
menu on the left
my screen resolution is 1024 x 768.

Wonder if it's just me then.

A
19-03-2003, 04:17 PM,
menu on the left
No, that's a pretty standard size, so I'm sure a lot of others will have the same trouble.

I'll try to solve it later.
El Gordo

19-03-2003, 10:38 PM,
menu on the left
Right, I've had a look. I've reduced my resolution to 1024 x 768, and actually it's behaving as it should. The critical thing is to not have your Favourites visible on the left of the screen (View > Explorer > Favourites toggles them on and off).

That should do the trick - I hope.

Andy
El Gordo