Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highway Code Question
17-10-2008, 07:52 AM,
Highway Code Question
There is a two lane carriageway, where the inside lane is a designated bus lane (large white line seperating the lanes). Traffic is therefore only permitted to drive in the outside lane.

Now if the vehicle in front of you is signalling to turn right and subsequently stops, are you permitted to drive into the bus lane to pass (undertake) that stationary vehicle?

Err....just curious you understand. :o
17-10-2008, 10:14 AM,
Highway Code Question
Eh? Milk n cookies been keeping you awake all night SP?
My guess would be no sign of the Rozzers, nip inside and overtake Rolleyes

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

17-10-2008, 11:16 AM,
Highway Code Question
It's that flippin' new bit westbound between Peacehaven and Saltdean. I did end up nipping into bus lane to undertake but that made me realise that I didn't know whether I should have.

Seems I'm not the only one.Rolleyes
17-10-2008, 12:10 PM,
Highway Code Question
Time for some research...

1. According to Sec 163, your manouvre is counted as overtaking ("only overtake on the left if the vehicle in front is signalling to turn right, and there is room to do so").

2. According to Sec 165, "You MUST NOT overtake... if you would have to enter a lane reserved for buses, trams or cycles during its hours of operation."

So there we have it, I think. Guilty as charged.
17-10-2008, 12:48 PM,
Highway Code Question
Excellent. Who's gonna shop him? Big Grin
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
18-10-2008, 06:48 AM,
Highway Code Question
Seafront Plodder, under section 165 of the Road Traffic Act I hereby charge you with undertaking in the bus lane.
You are sentenced to thirty minutes repeated listening to Ace of Spades through headphones.

That'll learn ya! Big Grin

PS: Nice work last night fella.
The Big Man is a member of the Cliffe Bonfire Society. Last night he made the ultimate sacrifice, serving up pint after pint of delicious Harvey's straight from the barrel at the annual Bonfire Society gala at Lewes Town Hall. The man was a whirling dervish - that's by far the hardest I've seen him work at anything - and no prospect of a jar for himself!

Captain Tom and I went along to test the quality of the fare - excellent as usual Big Grin

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  thickie-teckie question Seafront Plodder 4 2,271 22-12-2009, 09:46 AM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man
  Cricket rules question. Seafront Plodder 5 2,653 10-09-2006, 10:32 AM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man
  Question for a rock enthusiast El Gordo 16 5,926 10-11-2005, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Nigel