Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doing a bit
20-07-2009, 01:47 PM,
Doing a bit
long time no post but have been doing a bit. Had good holiday in Normandy in May, did a little running and cycling...got a bug on return, had to stop for a while. Earlier this month had a wonderful holiday on Symi and Rhodes, too hot to run but the swimming was to die for. Back home, got a really bad cough - actually think it might be the result of pollen as I always have trouble breathing when the privet is in flower :-( taking anti-histamines, and it's improving a little. Nice little 4.5 mile pipe opener at the weekend, helped along by son's inhaler :-)

Off to South coast end of this week, must remember to take RC vest for a little photo shoot;-)

Sorry guys, I have been lurking, but not much in the way of posts
Phew this is hard work !
20-07-2009, 03:30 PM,
Doing a bit
Hi SW, good to hear from you.
Sounds like you and I are on a similar holding pattern - got out myself this morning for the first time in a while. Took the liberty of posting a link to your shoes article on twitter - I'm @sweder - interesting stuff there, and from G-Man on barefoot running. I'm thinking about overhauling my attritional style to extend my running life. Might have to (re)think about footwear Sad

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

20-07-2009, 03:59 PM,
Doing a bit
Hurrah, it's SW! Great to hear from you again. Sorry to hear about your latest woes -- you've had a rough time of it this last year or two, haven't you? Sad

I've been to the gym a couple of times in the last week, but it's cycling that's floating my boat just at the moment. I'm just off out for a quick blast as I didn't get a lunchbreak today. And after that, possibly just the smallest of sherberts to mark the win in the cricket.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
27-07-2009, 02:26 PM,
Doing a bit
Hey sw, was just thinking about you the other day - I got to meet Steven Isserlis at work and wondered how you were getting on with the cello these days?

Great to read you're hitting the pavements again too!
Run. Just run.
03-08-2009, 02:14 PM,
Doing a bit
sorry to be so slow in replying...
Interesting to see your new footwear Sweder, they remind me of some silly socks I used to have, knee length stripey things with individual toes :-) Careul you don't pick up an injury with adopting a different running style. It's odd to think that mid to top ability runners have got slower over the years when running show technology is supposed to have improved so much. maybe we should be weraring the new swimming cosies to run in, I would have cut a dash along Brighton sea front in one of those. Sorry i didn't get a piccy of the RC vest alongside the pier, but hey, they must be really common in your neck of the woods anyway.

El G, good to hear you've been getting on your bike. I cycle to work everyday, only two miles each way, but I really enjoy it, I bought myself a serious Miss Marple bike that has a great technical spec - hopefully less likely to attract the bike thieves as they would get laughed out of existnace twoking it. Went on the Sky Ride in Machester city centre yesterday. Joined up at Platt Fields and went on a great off road cycle path to the velodrome and then on roads closed to traffic into Albert Square - come the Revoloution it might become the norm to travel on our bikes, hope so :-)

Kind of you to inquire about the celloing MLCM, I played my first full concert on the 18th July, we did Dvorak's Cello Concerto among others which was yummy, wrist held up pretty well considering although it is never going to be completely right. Have had a couple of lessons 'though which is helping me adapt a bit - just have to turn the page and get on with it
Can you get me Mr Isselis's autograph next time ;-) Wish i had your sort of job.
Phew this is hard work !
03-08-2009, 07:48 PM,
Doing a bit
stillwaddler Wrote:Can you get me Mr Isselis's autograph next time ;-) Wish i had your sort of job.

Ah well it's not all that glamorous. Despite have an extraodinary talent, you quickly learn that all these famous stars are pretty ordinary people really. Which is kind of nice actually.

Glad to see you're back into the full swing of things. What's the orchestra you're playing with? Do they have a web site?
Run. Just run.
11-08-2009, 09:33 AM,
Doing a bit
I've put the link for our orchestra on a message for you MLCM.
Phew this is hard work !
11-08-2009, 11:12 AM,
Doing a bit
stillwaddler Wrote:I've put the link for our orchestra on a message for you MLCM.

Cool! Smile
Run. Just run.