Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Almeria Medio Maraton (merged threads)
22-12-2010, 08:19 AM,
RE: Almeria 2011
Andy

I totally agree with Antonio. Hoefully you will make it though.

Julie Smile
Almeria Half Marathon 2017
The Grizzly 2017
That's it for now!!
27-12-2010, 09:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 27-12-2010, 09:56 PM by Antonio247.)
You can already enter Almería half marathon. This year you can do the half marathon or the 9 km race. The course is a bit different since there are some works at avenida Cabo de Gata.

If you have any problem to enter, just tell me.

WWW.mediomaratonalmeria.com

Feliz año nuevo Happy new year

Saludos desde Almería

Antonio

PS. This year you can choose a long sleeve technical T-shirt, a short sleeve technical T-shirt for a man or a short sleeve technical T-shirt for a woman. You must also indicate the size - "talla" in Spanish - you want.

01-01-2011, 11:37 PM,
Thanks for the link Antonio. I have entered myself for the Medio Maraton.

For some reason I missed out my email address (correo electrónico) so haven't got confirmation but I did get an acceptance screen and will check that the money comes out of my bank account.

The usual rules applied for getting the website to accept the form:-
DNI - I made up a 15 digit number.
Codigo Postal - I made up a 5 digit number.
Telefono Fijo - I made up a 9 digit number.
Telefono Mobil - I made up a 9 digit number.
I chose a Camiseta corta mujer (T-shirt short sleeve ladies). Larga is long sleeve.
12 euros couta general.
Elija cuándo y cómo pagar: Tick second option - pay by Tarjeta Credito (online payment).

Just to let you know that Sweder and I have booked a car (Opel Zafera) and there is one seat left if anybody else is wanting to come along. Everyone that is in the hire car needs to please bring along 45 euros CASH as payment towards the car hire and petrol. It's a long walk to Almeria from Malaga otherwise Big Grin Big Grin!!

Feliz Ano Nuevo para todo!!
Hasta Luego,

Julie Smile
The Grizzly 2017
That's it for now!!
02-01-2011, 01:43 PM,
(01-01-2011, 11:37 PM)ladyrunner Wrote: Thanks for the link Antonio. I have entered myself for the Medio Maraton.

For some reason I missed out my email address (correo electrónico) so haven't got confirmation but I did get an acceptance screen and will check that the money comes out of my bank account.

The usual rules applied for getting the website to accept the form:-
DNI - I made up a 15 digit number.
Codigo Postal - I made up a 5 digit number.
Telefono Fijo - I made up a 9 digit number.
Telefono Mobil - I made up a 9 digit number.
I chose a Camiseta corta mujer (T-shirt short sleeve ladies). Larga is long sleeve.
12 euros couta general.
Elija cuándo y cómo pagar: Tick second option - pay by Tarjeta Credito (online payment).

Just to let you know that Sweder and I have booked a car (Opel Zafera) and there is one seat left if anybody else is wanting to come along. Everyone that is in the hire car needs to please bring along 45 euros CASH as payment towards the car hire and petrol. It's a long walk to Almeria from Malaga otherwise Big Grin Big Grin!!

Feliz Ano Nuevo para todo!!
Hasta Luego,

Julie Smile

¡Enhorabuena, Julie! You´ve succeeded in entering.

Looking forward to meeting all of you here soon.

¡Feliz año nuevo!

Antonio

13-01-2011, 08:30 PM,
As the date is getting near, I´d like to ask you if you would like to have a pasta dinner on Saurday evening and a post race meal on Sunday. If so, would you like to go to the same places or would you rather go somewhere else for a change? I really enjoyed both places last year.

Restaurante La Tagliatella. http://www.trastevere.es/

http://www.plazadecanas.com/plaza/

Saludos desde Almería

14-01-2011, 10:45 PM,
Hi Antonio - same places as last year for both please!
the pasta was excellent and the girls LOVED the restaurant. Julie has been talking about nothing else on our Sunday runs Big Grin

I have finally confirmed everything - flight, room and now race entry!
Steve Sheekey will sadly not be joining us. He was made redundant last year and has not found a job yet so it's not possible for him to join us.

So our 2011 Armada is only 4 - Julie, Cam, Simon & Sweder.
Small, but perfectly formed!

Antonio, are you going to try for a 2 hour race? If so I would love to be your pacemaker. I am not going to run fast so it's the perfect year for me to do that if it works for you.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

15-01-2011, 02:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 15-01-2011, 02:08 PM by Antonio247.)
(14-01-2011, 10:45 PM)Sweder Wrote: Hi Antonio - same places as last year for both please!
the pasta was excellent and the girls LOVED the restaurant. Julie has been talking about nothing else on our Sunday runs Big Grin

I have finally confirmed everything - flight, room and now race entry!
Steve Sheekey will sadly not be joining us. He was made redundant last year and has not found a job yet so it's not possible for him to join us.

So our 2011 Armada is only 4 - Julie, Cam, Simon & Sweder.
Small, but perfectly formed!

Antonio, are you going to try for a 2 hour race? If so I would love to be your pacemaker. I am not going to run fast so it's the perfect year for me to do that if it works for you.

It is a pity that Steve was made redundant.

It will be great to meet the Armada on Saturday to get the race numbers and go to the pasta dinner later.

It would be wonderful to try a 2 hour race but I´m not very fit this year. I´d be glad if I could do it under 2 hours 10 minutes. Anyway, I appreciate your offer. If I feel better when the day is nearer, I´dlove to accept it.

Just 15 days for the half!

I wish that weekend were like this one. It looks like a spring/summer day. Very sunny. 20º C. No wind.

Saludos desde Almería

15-01-2011, 10:48 PM,
Hi Guys

Sorry I haven't been on here for a couple of days so missed the latest postings.

Antonio yes to dinner at both places, especially the post race restuarant Plaza de Canas. As Ash said I can't stop talking about that place .... the wine and the desserts. Please can you tell them that I am not a seafood eater (no como los mariscos). I need to check with Camilla - Ash is she a vegatarian??

As far as talking Spanish goes I can't wait to have a go!! I was unsucessfully trying to have a spanish conversation with Ash and Simon on our run last week .... they couldn't understand a word that I was saying. Big Grin Big Grin

I think that I have made the decision to race walk the half marathon and will also be hoping for sub 2 hours, so there could be a few of us running/walking around together Smile This way hopefully I will be more up for the run in the Cabo de Gato the following day - last year I could hardly put one leg in front of the other after the half marathon. This run was very painful for me. I did a hilly and windy 15k walking race today in 83:06 - I did my first 10k in sub 54 but then struggled to the finish line - I need to get my pacing better at Almeria.

Let's hope we get some Spanish sunshine for our weekend.

Julie Smile
The Grizzly 2017
That's it for now!!
16-01-2011, 04:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 16-01-2011, 04:14 PM by Antonio247.)
(15-01-2011, 10:48 PM)ladyrunner Wrote: Hi Guys

Sorry I haven't been on here for a couple of days so missed the latest postings.

Antonio yes to dinner at both places, especially the post race restuarant Plaza de Canas. As Ash said I can't stop talking about that place .... the wine and the desserts. Please can you tell them that I am not a seafood eater (no como los mariscos). I need to check with Camilla - Ash is she a vegatarian??

As far as talking Spanish goes I can't wait to have a go!! I was unsucessfully trying to have a spanish conversation with Ash and Simon on our run last week .... they couldn't understand a word that I was saying. Big Grin Big Grin

I think that I have made the decision to race walk the half marathon and will also be hoping for sub 2 hours, so there could be a few of us running/walking around together Smile This way hopefully I will be more up for the run in the Cabo de Gato the following day - last year I could hardly put one leg in front of the other after the half marathon. This run was very painful for me. I did a hilly and windy 15k walking race today in 83:06 - I did my first 10k in sub 54 but then struggled to the finish line - I need to get my pacing better at Almeria.

Let's hope we get some Spanish sunshine for our weekend.

Julie Smile

It would be wonderful to be able to follow your pace and Sweder´s, Julie but it will be difficult for me.

If you feel like going to Roquetas de Mar, 20 kms away, we could have dinner on Friday in a very good Italian restaurant. Restaurante La Grappa. It is owned by an Italian. It is good value.

http://www.aytoroquetas.org/seccion/turismo_173

You can practise your Spanish with me, Santi, Manolo and other Spaniards who may join us.

As the first fornight has been very sunny it won´t be easy to keep that weather very long. But we could be lucky this year as we were last year.

Saludos desde Almería

Antonio

16-01-2011, 05:26 PM,
Hi Antonio

I don't mind trying the new Italian but it will have to be on Saturday night or Monday night as we are not around on Friday.

Have Santi or Manolo been doing any training this year for the race?? From memory Santi ran very well and he had only done a couple of training runs - he must be a natural runner jejejjjee!!

We should arrive at the Hotel Tryp Indalo on Saturday at approx 2-3pm, I guess. We will probably stop somewhere nice for some lunch on the drive from Malaga. Any good suggestions of a nice bar serving tortillas, bread, etc on route? Last year we stopped near the Alambra Palace.

Julie
The Grizzly 2017
That's it for now!!
16-01-2011, 08:18 PM,
(16-01-2011, 05:26 PM)ladyrunner Wrote: Hi Antonio

I don't mind trying the new Italian but it will have to be on Saturday night or Monday night as we are not around on Friday.

Have Santi or Manolo been doing any training this year for the race?? From memory Santi ran very well and he had only done a couple of training runs - he must be a natural runner jejejjjee!!

We should arrive at the Hotel Tryp Indalo on Saturday at approx 2-3pm, I guess. We will probably stop somewhere nice for some lunch on the drive from Malaga. Any good suggestions of a nice bar serving tortillas, bread, etc on route? Last year we stopped near the Alambra Palace.

Julie

I´m sorry. I meant Saturday evening. Lo siento. Quería decir el sábado por la noche.

Yes, they have been training. Santi did San Sebastián marathon under 4 hours in November. He´s quite fit.

Are you coming via Granada or along the coast?

Antonio

16-01-2011, 09:58 PM,
Glad to see the Almeria thermometer rising - both literally and figuratively All this talk of restaurants makes me feel distinctly maudlin about not being there this year, but I can't see any way round it. 2012 is a definite though. I'll figure a way to do it.

Have a great time, y'all. can't wait to hear about it.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
16-01-2011, 11:41 PM,
(16-01-2011, 08:18 PM)anlu247 Wrote: Are you coming via Granada or along the coast?

Just checked the distances on Via Michelin. I guess we will go along the coast road which is 127 miles but if we go via Granada the distance is 189 miles and over an hour addded on to our journey.

No doubt Andy there will be many photos of our trip and many stories to be told. It's a shame that you can't make it.

Julie
The Grizzly 2017
That's it for now!!
17-01-2011, 09:11 PM,
(16-01-2011, 11:41 PM)ladyrunner Wrote:
(16-01-2011, 08:18 PM)anlu247 Wrote: Are you coming via Granada or along the coast?

Just checked the distances on Via Michelin. I guess we will go along the coast road which is 127 miles but if we go via Granada the distance is 189 miles and over an hour addded on to our journey.

No doubt Andy there will be many photos of our trip and many stories to be told. It's a shame that you can't make it.

Julie

There are plenty of places where you can stop to have some tapas on your way to Almería. This is a list of places I think you will like but there are other interesting places.

A good place is Nerja, La Herradura, Almuñécar, Salobreña, Castell del Ferro, Adra, etc.

We´ll miss you a lot, Andy. It´s a pity you can´t make it this year.

Saludos desde Almería

18-01-2011, 03:12 PM,
(17-01-2011, 09:11 PM)anlu247 Wrote: We´ll miss you a lot, Andy. It´s a pity you can´t make it this year.
Saludos desde Almería

Hear hear.
Wholly understandble, yet I can't help but feel bereft.
Who on Earth will I bore to the edge of reason with my views on the standard of wingplay in La Liga? *sob*

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

20-01-2011, 09:11 AM,
Really looking forward to hearing all the reports after your Spanish Steps. Wish I could be there too...one day perhaps.
Phew this is hard work !
20-01-2011, 08:49 PM,
(20-01-2011, 09:11 AM)stillwaddler Wrote: Really looking forward to hearing all the reports after your Spanish Steps. Wish I could be there too...one day perhaps.

Gracias, S.

Let´s hope it can be next year.

Saludos desde Almería

Antonio

21-01-2011, 08:32 AM,
Just checked the long range forecast and it says light rain on Saturday and sun/cloud for Sunday.

I've got my fingers crossed for some sunshine again.

Julie Cool
The Grizzly 2017
That's it for now!!
21-01-2011, 09:43 PM,
(21-01-2011, 08:32 AM)ladyrunner Wrote: Just checked the long range forecast and it says light rain on Saturday and sun/cloud for Sunday.

I've got my fingers crossed for some sunshine again.

Julie Cool

Although we´ve enjoyed a really warm month of January so far, Julie, the weather is changing and, according to the weather forecast, it is going to be cold in many places of Spain next week. In this part of the country it isn´t going to be so cold but I´m afraid it won´t be warm either. Let´s hope that you all can enjoy some sunshine at least one day.

Saludos desde Almería

25-01-2011, 12:34 PM,
Well, the day D is getting near. So, what time would you like me to meet you at your hotel on Saturday? From there, we can go to the other hotel, which is quite nearby, to pick up the race numbers and then to the restaurant.

I suggest meeting at 7 pm at the Tryp hotel and have dinner at 8:30 pm at the Tagliatella.

What about the post half marathon meal? Shall I book at 3 pm on Sunday at Plaza de Cañas?

Saludos desde Almería

Antonio

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medio Maraton XXI Almeria 2018 Sweder 19 4,511 13-12-2017, 06:56 PM
Last Post: Antonio247
  XX Medio maratón de Almería 20th Almería half marathon Antonio247 96 58,488 07-02-2017, 02:52 PM
  Almería half marathon 2014 Antonio247 43 28,008 31-01-2014, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man
  Almeria 2010 El Gordo 191 157,633 02-03-2010, 01:44 PM
Last Post: Seafront Plodder
  Almería half marathon 2009 Antonio247 245 159,462 13-02-2009, 08:11 PM
  Almeria Half 2008 - last weekend in January El Gordo 93 66,643 01-03-2008, 08:44 PM
Last Post: El Gordo