Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Almeria Medio Maraton (merged threads)
11-10-2012, 04:55 PM,
RE: Almeria Medio Maraton (merged threads)
http://hotels.easyjet.com/hotel/es/nhciu...#topanchor

NH Ciudad de Almeria - Looks good £153 double room for 3 nights with a breakfast buffet and its central. Each room has free wi-fi too.
Almeria Half Marathon 2017
The Grizzly 2017
That's it for now!!
11-10-2012, 07:49 PM,
I think that the NH hotel is good value and quite near the city centre.

I can pick up four of you at the airport on Saturday and take you to pick up the race numbers on Saturday evening. On Monday afternoon, I can also take you wherever you like.

Hope Simon and Mike can come as well.

Looking forward to meeting all of you again.

Saludos desde Almería

12-10-2012, 05:55 AM,
The old place by the fountains is £115 for the same deal less breakfast, so would probably work out similar overall. I suspect the NH is the better equipped hotel, the other better located, though there's not much in it either way. Free wifi is good.

I'm happy with the NH. If there's general agreement (and the rates are certainly good enough) I'll book in today.

Not sure about vehicles, but with up to 8 arriving from here on the Saturday, maybe more, we'll certainly need a couple at least, or perhaps a minibus. Injury/ extreme pain notwithstanding I will run on the Monday, either Sierra Almahillas or Cabo de Gata. Maybe on the Tuesday too. Antonio took me for a very early run up to the old fort this year. It was still dark when we set off.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

12-10-2012, 07:56 AM,
(12-10-2012, 05:55 AM)Sweder Wrote: The old place by the fountains is £115 for the same deal less breakfast, so would probably work out similar overall. I suspect the NH is the better equipped hotel, the other better located, though there's not much in it either way. Free wifi is good.

I'm happy with the NH. If there's general agreement (and the rates are certainly good enough) I'll book in today.

Not sure about vehicles, but with up to 8 arriving from here on the Saturday, maybe more, we'll certainly need a couple at least, or perhaps a minibus. Injury/ extreme pain notwithstanding I will run on the Monday, either Sierra Almahillas or Cabo de Gata. Maybe on the Tuesday too. Antonio took me for a very early run up to the old fort this year. It was still dark when we set off.

If you book through NH hotels website,you get free mini bar although it isn't restocked on the second day.

http://www.nh-hotels.com/nhobe/start.html?language=en&hotelId=31&fini=26/1/2013&fout=29/1/2013&nadults1=2&nchilds1=0&roomC

13-10-2012, 08:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 14-10-2012, 10:06 AM by Sweder.)
I'm not sure we need that kind of encouragement mate ; )

13-10-2012, 03:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 14-10-2012, 10:06 AM by Sweder.)
(13-10-2012, 08:49 AM)Sweder Wrote: I'm not sure we need that kind of encouragement mate ; )

Well, it is always a plus. Besides, I think it is only water, soft drinks and perhaps a couple of cans of beer.

30-10-2012, 09:15 AM,
Hola! Did we decide on a hotel then? Is it to be the NH? If so best to book in now.
Re: breakfasts, Antonio reports that the NH has a good spread. But I'm not welded to the idea. If anyone has strong feelings towards another gaff, speak up.

30-10-2012, 01:25 PM,
I think the NH is quite good although not in the city centre but just 10 minutes´walk. The Citymar Gran Hotel is in the High street but it is older although in good condition, I think.

03-01-2013, 09:37 AM,
Hi All and Happy New Year,

I was trying to find the 2013 website to enter the Half Marathon without any success. Has anyone managed to enter the race yet??

Training has not been going well. Been ill over Christmas and New Year with flu and am only just starting back with a few slow miles. So no PBs for me this year.

Julie Smile
Almeria Half Marathon 2017
The Grizzly 2017
That's it for now!!
03-01-2013, 01:04 PM,
Happy new year to you, J. and all as well!

Sorry about this Almerian negligence. I phoned the organisers a few weeks ago and was told that the half marathon will be held on Sunday 27th January. I also told them that in the last website they should announce the 2013 date and that entries could be done soon but they haven't paid any attention to it. I guess the website will be updated soon and entries will be open soon too.

Saludos desde Almería.

03-01-2013, 01:58 PM,
Hi Jules, saw Marian last week at PR and she told me you were under the weather. Sorry to hear that. Knowing you you'll still fly round effortlessly. I'm away next week but let me know if you fancy a run the week after.

Need to sort hotel out too. Did we agree on the NH in the end?

05-01-2013, 01:34 PM,
At last! Entries for Almería half marathon will be possible from next Thursday 10th January.

Saludos desde Almería.

11-01-2013, 01:57 PM,
At last, we can enter the half marathon. The course is going to be very similar.

This year, you can choose long technical T-shirt, or short sleeve technical T-shirt with gloves ( guantes ) or a bag to keep trainers ( zapatillero ), or a technical vest with gloves or the bag. You must select HOMBRE ( MAN ) or MUJER ( WOMAN ) for the one you prefer. Before that, as usual, you must select the TALLA ( SIZE ) you want.

If there's something you don't understand, just tell me.

The closing date to enter is Monday 21st before 12 pm.

Saludos desde Almería

26-01-2013, 10:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 26-01-2013, 10:23 AM by El Gordo.)
No Almeria for me this year. I can explain that easily enough, but there's no excuse for almost missing the arrival of the famous weekend. Glad I made one of irregular forays into the Twitter jungle earlier today to catch the great @sweder's updates, though am sorry to hear of the mechanical difficulties currently keeping the plane on the tarmac. Will look forward to the slowly emerging news over the weekend, breaking it as it always does like an egg across a lukewarm frying pan.

That said, I suspect I could write quite a detailed report of the weekend in advance, and without going anywhere near Spain. Though when Ash was here a couple of weeks ago we did talk about Spain's rapidly changing economic landscape, so perhaps there might be some new (and not so good) observations to be made this time around. Will be interested to hear.

But good luck all, and as always, a special greeting (despite my physical absence - interpret that as you will) to our generous host, Antonio, whose bold suggestion back in 2004 has changed and enhanced the lives of so many. We will always be grateful to this most dignified and patient of men, who fetched a bunch of strangers and turned them into friends and better runners. Lawd knows why he bothered, and continues to bother, but we thank him for it.

Greetings to all Almerians -- past, present, and virtual.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
26-01-2013, 11:06 AM,
(26-01-2013, 10:20 AM)El Gordo Wrote: No Almeria for me this year. I can explain that easily enough, but there's no excuse for almost missing the arrival of the famous weekend. Glad I made one of irregular forays into the Twitter jungle earlier today to catch the great @sweder's updates, though am sorry to hear of the mechanical difficulties currently keeping the plane on the tarmac. Will look forward to the slowly emerging news over the weekend, breaking it as it always does like an egg across a lukewarm frying pan.

That said, I suspect I could write quite a detailed report of the weekend in advance, and without going anywhere near Spain. Though when Ash was here a couple of weeks ago we did talk about Spain's rapidly changing economic landscape, so perhaps there might be some new (and not so good) observations to be made this time around. Will be interested to hear.
But good luck all, and as always, a special greeting (despite my physical absence - interpret that as you will) to our generous host, Antonio, whose bold suggestion back in 2004 has changed and enhanced the lives of so many. We will always be grateful to this most dignified and patient of men, who fetched a bunch of strangers and turned them into friends and better runners. Lawd knows why he bothered, and continues to bother, but we thank him for it.

Greetings to all Almerians -- past, present, and virtual.

It's a pity that the flight has been delayed so many hours preventing them from enjoying this beautiful sunny day.

Although the economic situation is not very good, I don't think they will notice many changes, apart form the fact that Plaza de Cañas restaurant has been closed down biut we're going to another one nearby owneb by the same family.

It's a pity we can't enjoy your presence here, EG. Thanks a lot for your generous words on my person which I don't deserve. It is you who created this fantastic website and the impulse that you gave to do that first trip in 2005 and later you and Sweder who involved other runners from his area that has made it possible to enjoy the presence of such fantastic group of runners and friends. It has also made me travel to Reading, Brighton, Connemara and Worcester to take part in a race but maiinly to be in touch in with all of you since we all share the same hobby.I hope to be able to go to Australia next November so that we can meet MLCMM and be all together in the southern hemisphere.

Saludos desde Almería

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medio Maraton XXI Almeria 2018 Sweder 19 4,471 13-12-2017, 06:56 PM
Last Post: Antonio247
  XX Medio maratón de Almería 20th Almería half marathon Antonio247 96 58,343 07-02-2017, 02:52 PM
  Almería half marathon 2014 Antonio247 43 27,978 31-01-2014, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man
  Almeria 2010 El Gordo 191 157,350 02-03-2010, 01:44 PM
Last Post: Seafront Plodder
  Almería half marathon 2009 Antonio247 245 159,294 13-02-2009, 08:11 PM
  Almeria Half 2008 - last weekend in January El Gordo 93 66,537 01-03-2008, 08:44 PM
Last Post: El Gordo