Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merry Christmas!
24-12-2010, 03:46 AM,
Merry Christmas!
Christmas greetings to all RCers, and here's a little invitation from the Australian Ambassador...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VMgzkzQR_8
Run. Just run.
24-12-2010, 10:47 PM,
RE: Merry Christmas!
Thanks mate, looks like a tempting way to spend Christmas day. Coincidentally, Mr Harris lives just down the road from here. Last year he switched on the Christmas lights in town, and gave us a few songs.

Happy Christmas!
25-12-2010, 01:26 PM,
Merry Christmas Old man.
You boys look set to serve us up some special festive fare for us tonight. Not sure I'll go the distance on day one but I'll be up early tomorrow to catch the action.
It's heartwarming to know the Aussies won't miss out on some quality sledging this Christmas.

Pip pip!

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

26-12-2010, 08:08 PM,
(25-12-2010, 01:26 PM)Sweder Wrote: Merry Christmas Old man.
You boys look set to serve us up some special festive fare for us tonight. Not sure I'll go the distance on day one but I'll be up early tomorrow to catch the action.
It's heartwarming to know the Aussies won't miss out on some quality sledging this Christmas.

Pip pip!

Not sure which planet you're currently on Sweder, but yesterday (Boxing Day) was quite simply the most awful, abysmal, cataclysmic day in this history of Australian cricket - no-one has ever embarrassed us like that before - not even the powerful 70s Windies outfit of Clive Lloyd and Viv Richards ever did that to us. And we never did that to you... it just shows how far Aussie cricket has sunk in 5 short years.

It was so bad many of us are thinking the only thing to do is boot the lot of them out of the squad and start again. Clearly Ponting, Clarke, Watson, Hughes, Haddin, Johnson, Smith and Harris have to go, and Hussey, Siddle, Hilfenhaus now have serious question marks against their names.

Oh the shame, the shame.

Sad
Run. Just run.
27-12-2010, 08:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 27-12-2010, 08:50 AM by Sweder.)
I was impressed with Siddle this morning; hostile, committed, shedloads of self-belief and hostility, taking Cook & Strauss out in short order and playing a part in all five legitimate wickets on the day. As opposed to Ponting who simply looks like he should be committed. We all know decisions can go against you in sport, especially in cricket where the margins can be as wafer thin as the ice upon which the Australian captain now skates, but his very public trantrum was embarassing. Cricket Australia's James Sutherland's Wengeresque (calm down Andy) selective myopia on TMS at lunch sorely tested Jim Maxwell's snort-stifling abilities.

Australia haven't lost this test (or the series) yet, though you'd be as mad as Liz Hurley (or Dennis Lilly in 1981) to throw anything more than a couple of sheckles on the draw, yet the unlikeable Ponting has turned Anne Widecombe ugly, railing at both Umps and then Pietersen after KP was given 'not out' for an alleged feather through to Haddin. WTF? How many current Aussie players walk when they nick it? I admire any batsman that does, yet it's clearly the fashion these days to leave it to the officials. We are witnessing the all-too public disintegration of a true cricketing warrior. It's rather sad. Whilst disbelieving England fans may be waiting for Ponting to unfurl a valedictory second innings double-hundred surely the cry must go up: 'Come in Punter - your time is up'.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

27-12-2010, 07:57 PM,
(27-12-2010, 08:37 AM)Sweder Wrote: Whilst disbelieving England fans may be waiting for Ponting to unfurl a valedictory second innings double-hundred surely the cry must go up: 'Come in Punter - your time is up'.

He surely must be thinking that the second innings is his very last chance. The talk this morning is that Ponting will be the first Aussie skipper to be sacked since Bill Lawry in 1971. Let's hope it doesn't come to that, but surely Ponting's days are numbered unless he does something astonishing today or tomorrow.
Run. Just run.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Christmas To Me Sweder 2 2,083 05-12-2009, 07:00 AM
Last Post: denisjhon01