Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new age travelling
09-05-2011, 11:08 AM,
new age travelling
Hhmm, well, sort of new age, I only have three weeks left to work before I gain my freedon. Quite an overwhelming prospect.

I resumed running at the weekend, I would have started a week ago but the horrendous blisters I collected on my heels whilst climbing Snowden on the royal wedding day prevented me from wearing anything but flip flops or crocs. I have worn my walking boots over countless miles with no problems, I can only put the problem down to new socks. Mostly better now, at least my trainers are reasonably ok.

Went out with youngest child and his girlfriend who showed me a new 3.5 mile route. V. pleasant, it was great to be moving again. Will go out this lunchtime too. Just think, in three short weeks I will be able to run whenever I like :-)

Well done QPR on their well earned promotion.
Phew this is hard work !
09-05-2011, 11:39 AM,
RE: new age travelling
(09-05-2011, 11:08 AM)stillwaddler Wrote: I can only put the problem down to new socks.

Or to running a marathon in hot weather a few days before, I'm sure that would have softened your feet up!
Well done by the way, I enjoyed the race report and I have some fond memories of Brighton from a long time ago.
12-05-2011, 09:23 PM,
(09-05-2011, 11:08 AM)stillwaddler Wrote: I resumed running at the weekend, I would have started a week ago but the horrendous blisters I collected on my heels whilst climbing Snowden on the royal wedding day prevented me from wearing anything but flip flops or crocs. I have worn my walking boots over countless miles with no problems, I can only put the problem down to new socks. Mostly better now, at least my trainers are reasonably ok.

That all sounds very nasty and very strange too. Maybe it's something to do with walking in the heat (something we are not usually used to here in Britain Big Grin Big Grin)?? Me and my teenagers did Snowdon last August and the weather has definately been much warmer and drier recently than it was then!! I'm still deciding where in the UK to head in August for some hill walking but I bet it is going to be wet again!! Still looking on the bright side camping is rather pleasant in a dry motorhome Smile
Almeria Half Marathon 2017
The Grizzly 2017
That's it for now!!
22-05-2011, 09:21 PM,
One more week to go, sw?

Are you planning any big races with your new found freedom?
Run. Just run.
21-06-2011, 09:13 AM,
Are you free yet, sw? Is it as brilliant as you hoped??
Run. Just run.
24-06-2011, 08:28 PM,
(21-06-2011, 09:13 AM)Mid Life Crisis Man Wrote: Are you free yet, sw? Is it as brilliant as you hoped??
It's absolutely brilliant :-) kind of you to remember MLCM I have even been doing a bit of running too, but have failed to add anything on RC maybe because its still such a novelty not having to log on to a blessed pc all day everyday:-) I will get back into the swing of things 'though, honest!! how are things in Oz?
Phew this is hard work !
25-06-2011, 09:03 AM,
(24-06-2011, 08:28 PM)stillwaddler Wrote: ...how are things in Oz?

Oh you know, more of the same ... volcanic ash clouds disrupting air traffic; floods causing ground-based chaos; Australia plumbing new depths of sporting embarrassment (although Hewitt and Tomic gave/are giving a good account at Wombledon) ... and the country tearing itself apart over the continued "flood" of refugees... same old same old!

Do let us know about your running though ... what's your next race date?
Run. Just run.
12-11-2011, 03:26 AM,
Has anyone heard from sw in recent times??
Run. Just run.
12-11-2011, 01:36 PM,
(12-11-2011, 03:26 AM)Mid Life Crisis Man Wrote: Has anyone heard from sw in recent times??

No : ( Last visit 24th June ... crikey. That's 4 months ago.
Hope all's well with Wimslow's Finest

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph