Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A streak runner?
04-10-2012, 02:16 PM,
RE: A streak runner?
Gracias, amigos.

I've been very busy lately. I nearly had to miss a run on Tuesday.

Saludos desde Spain.

05-10-2012, 09:49 PM,
(04-10-2012, 02:16 PM)anlu247 Wrote: I've been very busy lately. I nearly had to miss a run on Tuesday.

That's very impressive Antonio ... I think the hard part is over and your goals are now pretty much in the bag. Just hang in there (as you are) and it'll happen.

Great effort!
Run. Just run.
06-10-2012, 07:13 AM,
(05-10-2012, 09:49 PM)Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man Wrote:
(04-10-2012, 02:16 PM)anlu247 Wrote: I've been very busy lately. I nearly had to miss a run on Tuesday.

That's very impressive Antonio ... I think the hard part is over and your goals are now pretty much in the bag. Just hang in there (as you are) and it'll happen.

Great effort!

Muchas gracias, MLCMM. I’m feeling more confident in my running and I’m losing some kilos as well. Hope you’re better from your injury.

On Monday, I started at 8:30 pm. At the esplanade. I went along the sea front where I saw a lot of people running. I crossed the river Andarax and got to the new sea front that gets to the university. I stopped to do some stretching after 27 minutes. Then, I came back a little faster and continued 4 more minutes to do around 8 km.

On Tuesday, I had a terribly busy day. I managed to go for a short run at 10:30 pm near my place. I just did 3 km, had a shower and went to bed.

On Wednesday, I did 8 km in the evening. I went up Avenida del M. as far as Hotel Elba and back. I felt very well.
On Thursday and Friday I did 6 km along the port and parque Nicolás Salmerón.

Streak running 163 km in 25 days.

09-10-2012, 04:25 PM,
On Saturday, I managed to do 12 km. I started from the esplanade and went along the sea front as far as the palm tree at the university. It was a wonderful summerlike day with many people sunbathing and swimming. On the way back, I met Antonio G. who was going towards the university but he turned back and kept me company as far as the esplanade. Then, I went with him as far as the beginning of the sea front and he went on running to go for a swim afterwards.

On Sunday evening, I went along the port, parque Nicolás Salmerón, cathedral and back. There were few people in the streets. Most people were watching the Barcelona F.C. – Real Madrid match in bars, cafés or at home. I could hear the shouts when one team scored a goal. I did five kilometres.

First week of October : 8 + 3 + 8 + 6 + 6 + 12 + 5 = 48 km.
Streak running : 180 kilometres in 27 days.

11-10-2012, 08:58 PM,
On Monday evening, I did seven kilometres along the sea front as far as where the bicycle lane to the university starts and back. On Tuesday evening, I did five kilometres along the port, parque Nicolás Salmerón avenida del Mar and back. On Wednesday at 7:15 am, I did eight kilometres going as far as the end of La Rambla, then I went down La Rambla to turn left along Barrio Alto and get to Avenida del Mediterráneo just opposite Hotel Tryp Indalo to go down, cross the bridge and go home through 500 viviendas and Ciudad Jardín. This morning at 7:30, I did five kilometres. I went along Ciudad Jardín, 500 viviendas, crossed the bridge and went towards the Mediterranean Games stadium but I took another street to get to Carretera de Sierra Alhamilla where I met three runners, two men and a woman. As one of the men told the woman to go as far as possible as far as the bridge over the railway station, I decided to increase my speed as well and managed to follow her. Then, I took calle La Marina to get home. Tomorrow, it is a national holiday in Spain. It is the Hispanity day or Columbus´ day to celebrate Christopher Columbus´ discovery of America and the special relationship among all the people and countries where Spanish is spoken.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbus_Day

Streak running : 205 kilometres in 31 days.

15-10-2012, 02:32 PM,
On Friday, as it was a holiday, I left at 8:30 am. I went along the sea front as far as the bridge on river Andarax. Then, I came back but went up avda del Mediterráneo to get home along carretera de Sierra Alhamilla. 8 km.

On Saturday, I left at 6:40 pm. I went along carretera de Sierra Alhamilla, then I went down avda del Mar to reach the end of the sea front and back along the sea front to the esplanade. Then, I continued to the port and back. 9 km.

On Sunday, I left at 9:45 pm. I went along the park to reach IES Galileo at Pescadería neighbourhood. Then, I came back and went along the sea front and back to do 5 km.

Streak running : 227 kilometres in 34 days.

2nd week of October : 7 + 5 + 8 + 5 + 8 + 9 + 5 = 47 km.

15-10-2012, 09:18 PM,
You're getting in some serious kilometres now Antonio. It won't be long before you've notched up 50 consectuive days, and at a rate of 50km or so per week you'll be knocking on the door of that sub-2 hour half marathon before you know it. Fantastic effort! Well done!
Run. Just run.
16-10-2012, 04:59 PM,
(15-10-2012, 09:18 PM)Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man Wrote: You're getting in some serious kilometres now Antonio. It won't be long before you've notched up 50 consectuive days, and at a rate of 50km or so per week you'll be knocking on the door of that sub-2 hour half marathon before you know it. Fantastic effort! Well done!

Muchas gracias, MLCM. I've found that going out for a run every day has become a sort of need. It's helped me to do more kilometres every week than I used to without too much effort. If I'm lucky with injuries or illnesses I think I could be a streak runner for a long time. Besides, I've lost a few kilos not only for running but also because of a healthy diet. Now, my aim is to follow a sub two hour shedule adding other short runs the days I wuouldn't have to go running.

Saludos desde Almería.

18-10-2012, 04:30 PM,
On Monday and Tuesday I went along the sea front that gets to the university. On Monday, I did 10 km while on Tuesday, when I went with Antonio G. and his son David, I did 11 km. On Wednesday evening, I went with Rafael. We did 7 km going down Avda del M and the sea front as far as a little further the start of the bicycle lane and back. This morning, I went along carretera de Sierra Alhamilla, crossed the bridge, went up Avda del Mediterráneo as far as the Mamma Mia restaurant roundabout to get to La Rambla and went down to the esplanade doing 7 km.

Due to having had diarrhoea, I haven’t eaten solid food since Monday evening. I’ve been on camomile tea and water until today when I’ve started to have orange juice and vegetable broth. My weight was 79.7 kilos this morning. So, I’ve lost around three kilos in three days. I know that I may get them easily as soon as I get back to eating solid food but it is motivating me and, what´s more, I´m feeling fine. Oddly enough, I’m not hungry. I’ve read that fasting is good to take away toxins, for the high pressure, for the weight, etc.

http://www.bodenseekur.de/en/therapy-cur...sting.html

Streak running: 262 kilometres in 38 days.

19-10-2012, 11:06 AM,
(18-10-2012, 04:30 PM)anlu247 Wrote: http://www.bodenseekur.de/en/therapy-cur...sting.html

Thanks for that link. Very cheap for a spa, and very close to me. Unfortunately no holiday time available.
El Gordo

Great things are done when men and mountains meet.
22-10-2012, 02:33 PM,
(19-10-2012, 11:06 AM)El Gordo Wrote:
(18-10-2012, 04:30 PM)anlu247 Wrote: http://www.bodenseekur.de/en/therapy-cur...sting.html

Thanks for that link. Very cheap for a spa, and very close to me. Unfortunately no holiday time available.

I'm glad it may be useful to you, EG. Perhaps, you can spend a weekend to see what it is like.

On Friday evening I started to eat solid food again. It’s been really interesting to be on a liquid diet for three days and a half. I felt quite well with very little sensation of hunger and with a lot of energy. It has made me realise that I usually eat too much and too fast and not because I’m really hungry. This experience has helped me to lose some weight and gain motivation. This morning, my weight was 79.4 kg.

On Friday, Saturday and Sunday I went for a run near home. I did 8, 8 and 5 km respectively.

Streak running: 285 km in 41 days.

3rd week of October : 10 + 11 + 7 + 7 + 8 + 8 + 5 = 56 km.

22-10-2012, 08:16 PM,
Congratulations Antonio, you are doing very well. I found that once I dipped below 80kg it was by itself motivation enough to ensure I stayed there. It's been 18 months now since I hit that goal and I haven't been over 80kg since. I don't think you'll have any trouble doing the same, especially if you keep running every day! Fantastic effort!
Run. Just run.
23-10-2012, 08:02 PM,
I envy you your weight loss, Antonio, if not the route you took to get there. I agree, we generally eat too much in the west. I'm changing what I eat, but still eat too much, even if it is generally healthier food.

Well done on the streak. I'm on a similar run with occasional breaks for work/ travel, averaging out at around 5 days out of every 7. When the time comes to increase the long runs I think I'll need those rest days.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

23-10-2012, 08:59 PM,
Gracias, MLCMM and S. Losing weight is easy. However, keeping the weight you want to have is quite difficult.

I've found that fasting makes you realise how often we eat without being really hungry, just because we're bored or stressed or whatever reason. So, now before I eat something I think if I really need it, if I can go by without it.

I've also found that going out for a run every day is not really difficult. It is like walking. We usually walk every day. Sometimes, you may feel too tired to go out for a run but, once you get used to it, you need it and even if you think "well, I'll do just twenty minutes", you end doing five or six kilometres feeling fantastic after doing it. I hope to be lucky with illness or injuries and be able to go on with the streak a few months more.

Best of luck with your challenges, my friends!

PS. Yesterday I did 7 kilometres in the evening and this afternoon I did 14 kilometres. I went as far as the university palm tree. On the way back I met Antonio G., who kept me company as far as the esplanade. Then, I went with him for one kilometre along the sea front where he went on homeward bound while I came back to the splanade.

Streak running: 306 km in 43 days.

29-10-2012, 01:24 PM,
On Wednesday, Thursday and Friday I did 7 km each day while on Saturday I went out with the idea of doing 8 or 9 km but I did 15 because when I was coming back crossing the bridge on the river Andarax, I met Mario who was going towards the university. So, I decided to go with him since I haven’t seen him for a long time but I knew he had had a brain hemorrhage after falling down when he fainted. He is a former pupil of mine. He’s a triathlete in very good shape but last Saturday it was his first run in three weeks, so I could go at his pace. On Sunday, I did only 5 kilometres since I have a strong cold.

4th week of October : 7 + 14 + 7 + 7 + 7 + 15 + 5 = 62 km.
Streak running: 347 km in 48 days.
Weight : 80, 3 kg.

30-10-2012, 01:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 30-10-2012, 01:52 AM by Sweder.)
Bravo Amigo, quite some sequence you have going, averaging just over 7 kms per day for almost two months. You seem to have stabilised your weight at around 80 kilos, too. Impressive stuff!

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

30-10-2012, 05:37 AM,
Yep, I second what Sweder said. Great effort, and I still believe if you maintain 50km per week you'll drop some more weight yet and see it stay off.

Tremendous effort Antonio!
Run. Just run.
30-10-2012, 03:08 PM,
¡Gracias, amigos!

I'm very glad with the streak running experience. I've noticed that in September it was a bit hard for me do just 5 km and now I usually need at least 7 km for a run. Besides, I feel lighter and I think I could reach 77 kg by the end of January if I'm lucky with injuries and illness.

31-10-2012, 08:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 31-10-2012, 08:53 PM by Antonio247.)
On Monday afternoon, I did 12 kilometres going along the sea front as far as the palm by the university and back. On Tuesday and this morning I did 9 km each day going up Avda del Mediterráneo and coming down along the Rambla yesterday morning while this morning I went up the Rambla and then I went to the Alcazaba castle, then I went down along parque Nicolás Salmerón to get to the esplanade.

Streak running : 377 km in 51 days.
Kms done in October: 243 km.
YTD : 1019 km.

05-11-2012, 08:46 PM,
On Thursday, I went along the sea front and did 8 km. On Friday, I went toward the university along the sea front doing 10 km. After having a shower, I felt pain in my left knee, so I put on Reflex and on Saturday I did 6 km softly and on Sunday I did 8 km along Avda del Mediterráneo.

1st week of November: 12 + 9 + 9 + 8 + 10 + 6 + 8 = 62 km.
Streak running : 409 km in 55 days.
YTD: 1051
Weight : 80 kg.
Blood pressure : 115 / 75