Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Long ... And Thanks For All The Fish
15-04-2013, 11:39 AM,
RE: So Long ... And Thanks For All The Fish
For a moment there I thought you'd tried osteopathy on the mouse...

Ridiculous of course. That should only be undertaken by a trained practitioner (or a young frenchwoman who vaguely looks like she knows what she's doing).
15-04-2013, 11:42 AM,
(15-04-2013, 11:39 AM)marathondan Wrote: For a moment there I thought you'd tried osteopathy on the mouse...

Ridiculous of course. That should only be undertaken by a trained practitioner (or a young frenchwoman who vaguely looks like she knows what she's doing).

She'd need ridiculously small hands...
Run. Just run.
15-04-2013, 03:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 15-04-2013, 03:19 PM by Sweder.)
(15-04-2013, 10:25 AM)tomroper Wrote: My tilt at the Three Forts, aka a walk in Robert Macfarlane's footsteps, may have to be called off.

The Three Forts, you say?
The impossibly vertical, off-road man-hammering akin to the Steyning Stinger? In a week or two?
And there's me, with all that hilly training sloshing about and a rapidly-healing haematoma.
Get thee behind me, Tom Roper!

Oh, and don't mind me, fellas. I'm loving all this Franco-rodent interaction as much as everyone else. Was the Mouse wearing a beret? Or trailing a tiny string of onions?

I've got this all wrong, haven't I?
Oh dear.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

15-04-2013, 04:41 PM,
(15-04-2013, 03:13 PM)Sweder Wrote:
(15-04-2013, 10:25 AM)tomroper Wrote: My tilt at the Three Forts, aka a walk in Robert Macfarlane's footsteps, may have to be called off.

The Three Forts, you say?
The impossibly vertical, off-road man-hammering akin to the Steyning Stinger? In a week or two?
And there's me, with all that hilly training sloshing about and a rapidly-healing haematoma.
Get thee behind me, Tom Roper!

Oh, and don't mind me, fellas. I'm loving all this Franco-rodent interaction as much as everyone else. Was the Mouse wearing a beret? Or trailing a tiny string of onions?

I've got this all wrong, haven't I?
Oh dear.

That's the one, though I should make it clear I'm only doing the half-marathon impossibly vertical etc etc. The original plan was to do the full distance but as my sixteen week training plan collided with chest infections and overwhelming fatigue whenever I venture out of the house in running shoes, I had to moderate my ambitions. This co-codamol is jolly good stuff and I think if I eat enough of it between now and 5 May, I'll be fine.
To clarify, the mouse was a native Seaford rodent. I could tell because it stressed the second syllable of the town's name, the way the locals do that seems so odd to an incomer like me.
χαιρέτε νικὠμεν
Next race(s): 
In the lap of the gods

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Long And Winding Road . . . Again Sweder 8 3,491 29-07-2005, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Sweder