Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Registrations + The Return of the Spammers
14-04-2014, 04:36 PM,
New Registrations + The Return of the Spammers
About 30 of the blighters exterminated this morning already, and it's only 08:00.

[Or was. I forgot to post this morning and have deleted a further 20.]

I've reopened registrations since The Moyleman forum appeared -- and I'll keep them open. There is a downside, as indicated.

I've been tinkering with the registration process to try to create a barrier or two. There's a danger that this might be inconvenient for genuine new joiners, so....

-- If you are a real human person, and you're trying to register here, but having trouble, please a) accept my apology and b) drop me a line at andy@runningcommentary.net with your username and I will manually activate you.

There's also a real danger of spam messages being posted. We've had 2 so far which have been deleted. If I don't pick them up, do drop me a line and I'll sort it out. If spam appears in a forum for which you have moderator privileges, you should be able to delete the message yourself (but if the spam message is added to an existing thread, be careful to delete the offending post rather than the entire discussion).

Thanks All,

EG
15-04-2014, 05:49 AM,
RE:
Thanks for your diligence EG - greatly appreciated, as ever.
16-04-2014, 07:30 AM,
RE: New Registrations + The Return of the Spammers
No worries, cobber, appreciate the supportive comment. I can make life easier by checking the latest anti-bot weapons. Not looked for a while.
16-04-2014, 01:40 PM,
RE:
Just to echo MLCMMan, thanks for looking out for us, EG. It's a thankless task that I'm sure you could do without.
17-04-2014, 12:18 PM,
RE:
I feel a little quilty (only a little) as you lowered the drawbridge to to let me in and I seemed to have attracted a number of mynocks as I crossed over to the darkside.
17-04-2014, 04:59 PM,
RE: New Registrations + The Return of the Spammers
(17-04-2014, 12:18 PM)Charliecat5 Wrote: I feel a little quilty (only a little) as you lowered the drawbridge to to let me in and I seemed to have attracted a number of mynocks as I crossed over to the darkside.

Yes, it's all your fault, you bastard....

Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spammers El Gordo 3 3,115 30-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Last Post: Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man