Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blackfish
18-04-2014, 08:14 AM,
Blackfish
Not sure if I mentioned this before. The days all blur into one at the moment as I near Golden Pond, or that swimming pool in Cocoon, or whatever lies in store for the Fat and the Sluggish.

Anyway, watched this on the flight home from Shanghai, then downloaded it (from the official website) so the family could watch it. There's a whole mountain of specpticism over the documentary on the web, much stirred up by large corporations with a lot to lose.

For me, it closes the debate on the ethics of capturing and enslaving wild animals for our entertainment.

18-04-2014, 08:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 18-04-2014, 08:33 AM by Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man.)
RE:
Fabulous! I've only ever once been to any kind of "animal performance" - a sea-lion show I accidentally witnessed at a zoo. It was detestable, and I boycott anything - wildlife parks, zoos, circuses etc., that use performing animals of any kind. I find it completely abhorrent, along with the often-used excuse that it "educates the public" as to the animal's intelligence.

God it makes me angry.
18-04-2014, 09:08 AM,
RE: Blackfish
All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players....

Ah! We are all but ill-treated animals, performing for the amusement of our masters in exchange for bread and shelter. For this reason I feel a bond with our oppressed, furry brothers and sisters in the circus ring.