Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The RunningCommentary Race Report Archive
24-07-2015, 07:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 24-07-2015, 09:03 AM by Sweder.)
RE: The RunningCommentary Race Report Archive
(10-06-2015, 10:49 AM)marathondan Wrote: Time for a quick update, as Glaconman has been putting us all to shame. He's closing in on the mighty Sweder in the leaderboard, and as a community we are nearing the 400 mark for race reports. It must be said, however, that GM's race reports are just a tad more concise than Sweder's. The reader can judge whether that's a good or a bad thing.

Just a thought; should ParkRuns not count? They are individual, organised races, officially timed, with a start and finish, and places/ age categories for every competitor. It's just that, seeking a return to Hove after a twelve month absence, I noted Saturday would be my 51st. Not all written up in reports, but quite a few are ...

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

24-07-2015, 10:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 24-07-2015, 10:18 AM by marathondan.)
(24-07-2015, 07:34 AM)Sweder Wrote: Just a thought; should ParkRuns not count? They are individual, organised races, officially timed, with a start and finish, and places/ age categories for every competitor. It's just that, seeking a return to Hove after a twelve month absence, I noted Saturday would be my 51st. Not all written up in reports, but quite a few are ...

I think at the time, I decided no. I made an arbitrary decision that a race is something that you pay to enter, and you get a medal or something at the end.

There's no reason why not, though. But you would have to give me a list of links to the previous writeups... Smile

Meanwhile I see GM has given me some more curating to do...
24-07-2015, 10:34 AM,
I'm pretty sure Park Run are very careful never to describe their events as races. Probably for insurance reasons. They are 'timed runs'. And we've all done plenty of those. Mine are on Strava.

Having said that I really don't mind of they are included here or not. Most people treat them as races in my experience.
24-07-2015, 11:00 AM,
(24-07-2015, 10:17 AM)marathondan Wrote:
(24-07-2015, 07:34 AM)Sweder Wrote: Just a thought; should ParkRuns not count? They are individual, organised races, officially timed, with a start and finish, and places/ age categories for every competitor. It's just that, seeking a return to Hove after a twelve month absence, I noted Saturday would be my 51st. Not all written up in reports, but quite a few are ...

I think at the time, I decided no. I made an arbitrary decision that a race is something that you pay to enter, and you get a medal or something at the end.

There's no reason why not, though. But you would have to give me a list of links to the previous writeups... Smile

Meanwhile I see GM has given me some more curating to do...

In all honesty I don't even count them in my own race history. I was just feeling mischievous this morning, a result of wanting to run more than I can at the moment and spending the night with the fabulous Mr George Benson.

I popped into my ParkRun history today - you need your barcode in order to get a time these days, so I downloaded another batch. My stats are interesting - last run in 2013, best time of 22.14. I hit 50 PRs then not a step more and coughed up 6 volunteer stints (nowhere near the 3 per year they ask for).

UK National PR PBs are currently:
Male: 13:48
Female: 15:55

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

29-07-2015, 10:09 AM,
Another delivery of mini-reports from top fell-er Glaconman sees the archive now over 400 races - what an amazing body of work. GM is speeding up the leader board, surely it's only a matter of time before he becomes our most prolific racer, although I hear that BB has a few reports up his sleeve. In future we may have to impose a minimum word count on race reports, GM (#394 is a classic). Requests from Sweder to take into account 51 previously unreported Parkruns have so far not been accepted by the archive committee.
14-02-2016, 04:51 PM,
An update to celebrate Antonio and Sweder returning to racing. With BB's race season just about to kick off, the Spanish contingent are battling it out at the top of the leader board... but how long can they keep Yorkshire at bay?
14-02-2016, 04:55 PM,
Glad to see you're still keeping the race report catalogue going, Dan. I hope to have a few races myself this year. I have already entered two, and have designs on three others. Cheers.
Run. Just run.
16-04-2017, 01:29 PM,
Just posted an Easter update. A few of our number are still getting through a good few races on the quiet. I judged that BB's one-liners count as a report, but GM's statement of the race name only doesn't make the database (sorry GM).

Let me know if I've missed any - no medals for Sweder in the last 12 months?
16-04-2017, 01:53 PM,
(16-04-2017, 01:29 PM)marathondan Wrote: Just posted an Easter update. A few of our number are still getting through a good few races on the quiet. I judged that BB's one-liners count as a report, but GM's statement of the race name only doesn't make the database (sorry GM).

Well, there's Sweder's cracking Almeria report:

http://www.runningcommentary.net/forum/s...p?tid=2492
Run. Just run.
16-04-2017, 02:11 PM,
(16-04-2017, 01:53 PM)Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man Wrote:
(16-04-2017, 01:29 PM)marathondan Wrote: Just posted an Easter update. A few of our number are still getting through a good few races on the quiet. I judged that BB's one-liners count as a report, but GM's statement of the race name only doesn't make the database (sorry GM).

Well, there's Sweder's cracking Almeria report:

http://www.runningcommentary.net/forum/s...p?tid=2492

Ahem: http://www.runningcommentary.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=2462&pid=28334#pid28334
There is more to be done
16-04-2017, 02:37 PM,
...and CC5's, of course. Similarly cracking.
Run. Just run.
16-04-2017, 04:09 PM,
Good shouts chaps - updated.

Much easier than checking it myself Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Race plans El Gordo 15 6,437 12-11-2007, 01:18 PM
Last Post: El Gordo